PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best NFL Player By Jersey Number

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks old...

Rodney got Snubbed.

The OP apparently has no love for Junior. Either not considering him at all or just not considering him a Patriot.

Moss gets snubbed too though his having 2 numbers might not help I dont think there is much debate he is better than Tim Brown in 81 but most might consider Moss 84 and Shannon Sharpe beats him out not sure I agree but I hate Shannon to much to be biased.

I didnt look at all 99 but instead jumped through looking for the Great Patriots and who won for their number. There were a few others I found interesting but didnt know enough about the winner to complain.

Last edited:
Less than 50 days until kick off. :bricks:

Rodney got Snubbed.

The OP apparently has no love for Junior. Either not considering him at all or just not considering him a Patriot.

Moss gets snubbed too though his having 2 numbers might not help I dont think there is much debate he is better than Tim Brown in 81 but most might consider Moss 83 and Hendricks beats him out not sure how to compare there except to say that watching Highlights of Hendricks is a lot of fun but hard to consider him one of the top two LBs of all time and IMO WR is Rice one Moss two.

I didnt look at all 99 but instead jumped through looking for the Great Patriots and who won for their number. There were a few others I found interesting but didnt know enough about the winner to complain.

When did Moss ever wear 83?

Kind of fun from a nostalgia perspective. Too hot to go outside at lunch so, here's my take.

Warren Moon over Curley Lambeau wearing number One? Not in my book.

Glad to see that Adam made the cut for number Four. Hard not to give it to Lord Favregaard though.

Donovan McNabb over Paul Hornung for number Five? Come on Man!

How is Roethlisberger the runner up to Elway for number Seven when George Halas wore it?

Drew Brees probably ultimately will deserve it for number Nine, but I don't see how you give it to him over Sonny Jurgensen for a few more years at least.

Nice that they put Drew Bledsoe in the final group for Number 11, but hard to argue with the Flying Dutchman or Phil Simms ahead of him.

Brady clearly deserves it for Number 12, but it's a real honor when you consider that five retired HOF'ers wore it.

I can't wait for Tiki Barber to tweet that he should have won for Number 21.

Tough call Biletnikoff over Tommy McDonald wearing Number 25, but probably right.

Ronnie Lott over Sid Luckman wearing 42? Lott was great but Luckman helped make the game what it is.

Nice tribute, and deserved, to Junior Seau with Number 55. RIP

Another tough call at Number 60, but Otto Graham gets the edge over Chuck Bednarik I guess.

Great to see Hannah with 73.

Deacon Jones and Mean Joe Greene both wore 75? I'm surprised that someone had the courage to pick one over the other. I sure don't.

Another shame that Jerry Rice and Steve Largent couldn't have torn a Number 80 jersey in half and shared the honor, but it clearly goes to Rice.

Tim Brown, Night Train Lane, Roy Green, Art Monk, Randy Moss and Andy Robustelli all wore 81? They oughta just retire the number on principle!

That's as far as I got.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back