PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best Maroney video so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
and yea...2 guys from the Minnesota OL got drafted. Mark Setterstrom went to St. Louis and Outland/Rimington Award Winner Greg Eslinger went to Denver. That was an easy guess for Denver though since their defensive coordinator was the defensive coordinator for Minnesota back 5 years ago...he's drafted a few minnesota players since he's been there.

Hendrix said:
and yea...2 guys from the Minnesota OL got drafted. Mark Setterstrom went to St. Louis and Outland/Rimington Award Winner Greg Eslinger went to Denver. That was an easy guess for Denver though since their defensive coordinator was the defensive coordinator for Minnesota back 5 years ago...he's drafted a few minnesota players since he's been there.

Are you thinking of David Gibbs? Gibbs was the DB coach in Denver for a few years before Shanahan fired him. Gibbs took the DC position with Auburn last year and then left for another NFL job. If don't know if it had anything to do with Gibbs leaving Denver, but the draft choice of former gopher Willie Middlebrooks in the 1st round of the 2001 draft sure turned out badly for them.

Great video, best one I've seen so far. This kid's going to be an awsome addition. What a warrior!!! Caught the gun firing when he made his touchdown, he'll be hearing more of that from our minutemen in the coming years(hopefully)!!!!

bamor5229 said:
Are you thinking of David Gibbs? Gibbs was the DB coach in Denver for a few years before Shanahan fired him. Gibbs took the DC position with Auburn last year and then left for another NFL job. If don't know if it had anything to do with Gibbs leaving Denver, but the draft choice of former gopher Willie Middlebrooks in the 1st round of the 2001 draft sure turned out badly for them.

okay yea i forgot he went to KC..but yea it probably had a tiny bit to do with it. I'm not sure why he was taken in the 1st round, but oh well.

HOLY ****! This kid isnt as fast as a few of the other RB's in the draft supposedly, but I honestly wonder if some of them can accelerate as fast as this kid through the holes. He just blazes by five defenders when he finds a hole, and they just end up diving onto their faces, and hes gone for seven. Maroney should have a great line to run behind once the rookies gain some more experience!!! Now it may sound a stretch, but it'd be frigging awesome in five years to see Maroney as the best back in the league, over Reggie Bush. Incredible player. :)

Last edited:
he had a nagging knee mid season..but he did run a 4.36 40 in minneapolis before..just not for the combine

To whoever made this highlight package: You da man/woman.

Last edited:
The more I see of this guy the more I am just in awe of how effortless he makes it look when he's just blowing by people. He really does look like he's just gliding along but then you realize he's pulling away from everyone. His acceleration in amazing. I am officially excited.

smg93 said:
I hope I'm not raining on anyone's parade because he does look great. But did you guys see the holes he was able to run through? Did any of his O line get drafted?

He rushed for 127 and a touch against Ohio St. last year. Their D was pretty good. He also had a 129 against Michigan and 109 against UVA in their bowl game. Basically, in every big game this kid played in last year he had a good day except Penn St.

I love this video -- music and all. I have to admit he had some big holes in most of these runs, but if that 93-yard run against Wisconsin is at regular speed, he is freakin' fast.

onegameatatime said:
I love this video -- music and all. I have to admit he had some big holes in most of these runs, but if that 93-yard run against Wisconsin is at regular speed, he is freakin' fast.

yea that's at regular speed. Watch my video though, there are less big holes in it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b78O2T9GRbQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back