PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best Maroney video so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! This guy is a gamer. Loved the music backdrop.
Dude does kind of have an Irish face, too.
Thank you very muich for posting that one R T.

Nice. He'd seemed a little bit too finesse for my liking from the other clips but this one shows some ass kicking and fire. I'm no RB coach but he seems to have a little bit of everything. Some juke, some cutback, some power and can surely accelerate through and past defenders.

That run against Wisconsin is just filthy disgusting. Cuts back on a dime, jukes the safety into a 360 spin ,and outruns the whole defensive backfield by 10 yards at least. Sick.

I know it's early, but I can't remember a back this explosive *EVER* in a patriots uniform. Yes, of course Curtis is a HOF back, but this guy has a rare extra gear. Can't wait to see him hit the hole behind some of the young O line talent we have who's run blocking is only going to get better.

And just think, some of the "experts" think we should've drafted some scrub from Conference USA instead. Keep those videos coming guys.

Seymour93 said:
And just think, some of the "experts" think we should've drafted some scrub from Conference USA instead. Keep those videos coming guys.
Awesome! I know Colo. St. sucks, but he made them look real bad. I wish we had a decent FB to run a solid 2-man backfield once in a while. Still exciting to see this kid and the possibilities he opens up for Brady.

There 's a whole group of depressed "experts" here who are extremely disappointed that THEIR assessments weren't followed

i consider myself lucky to be able to watch him play for the last 3 years. Seriously, at least 75% of the plays I can remember, he was just gone 6 or 7 yards upfield before you could even blink.

He is probably my favorite college player of all time.

Finally Tom Brady has been rewarded with a home run threat. this will keep teams from disrespecting our run game and pinning their ears back to attack brady. maroney will add about 2 more years to bradys career..and trust me, with the pounding #12 all of last year due to a lack of running game he has to be happy to have a guy who projects to be a threat to take it to the house. :rocker:

That was great. Does Reggie Bush really have better moves that Maroney?

Patters said:
That was great. Does Reggie Bush really have better moves that Maroney?

Yes......................BUT Reggie doesn't break tackles. He just does his best to avoid them.

Last edited:
I hope I'm not raining on anyone's parade because he does look great. But did you guys see the holes he was able to run through? Did any of his O line get drafted?

Yeah... the holes were so big at times it looked like they were playing 11 on 7 or 8. I am optimistic... but guardedly so.

smg93 said:
I hope I'm not raining on anyone's parade because he does look great. But did you guys see the holes he was able to run through?
One of the issues last year was that Dillon was so slow to the hole that he made Pass and Faulk look quick when they were in. I'm guessing, hoping, that Maroney will suddenly have better holes than Dillon.

Have you guys seen any highlights of him on grass??? I've watched a few of these videos and haven't seen one clip of him on grass.

Well,

I was going to comment on

the CSU game clips (is he really that fast or are all the CSU players just that slow?)

& the Wisc clip: (Man was that a cutback or what.)

But seeing as others beat me to it; I'll just say

I like that he wears that eye shield. I think it helps stop defenders from reading the eyes and prevents guys sticking fingers in your face at the bottom of the pile (course since Mawae isn't playing for Jesters anymore maybe that isnt a problem).

wistahpatsfan said:
Awesome! I know Colo. St. sucks, but he made them look real bad. I wish we had a decent FB to run a solid 2-man backfield once in a while. Still exciting to see this kid and the possibilities he opens up for Brady.

Mills is going to be that FB!

Maroney is fast..his fastest time for a 40 in Minnesota was a 4.36, but on pro day or whatever for the draft he ran like a 4.43 or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back