PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best LB in Patriots History?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy....AT. Definitely need to have Vincent Brown in the mix as well. Some of his hits were AWESOME!

Tippett. If he played in NY, he would have been in the HOF a LONG time ago. He deserves to be there.

Tippett. If he played in NY, he would have been in the HOF a LONG time ago. He deserves to be there.

what he said:rocker:

with all respect to Tippett and Tedy the best LB in Pats history is Mo Lewis

What no love for Vincent Brown (the "UNDERTAKER") !!

The list was just a few names, but not all the names that could/should be brought into the conversation.

down the line the line a bit but Chris Slade.

This is sort of off topic but at one point did Bryan Cox wear number zero on the Patriots?

Have to mention Vrabel at this point. He's more of a role player than a standout when compared with the others ( if you dont' count his playoff touchdowns ;-) but that is what the Patriots team is about in the BB era.

Steve Nelson, Andre Tippet and Don Blackmon made me love football.

Hopefully we will be adding AD to this list in a few years.

Have to mention Vrabel at this point. He's more of a role player than a standout when compared with the others ( if you dont' count his playoff touchdowns ;-) but that is what the Patriots team is about in the BB era.

Steve Nelson, Andre Tippet and Don Blackmon made me love football.

Hopefully we will be adding AD to this list in a few years.

Plus I believe he's the only one to catch touchdown passes. ;)

Plus I believe he's the only one to catch touchdown passes. ;)

100% of his receptions have been for touchdowns, right?

For awhile every one of Bruschi's picks were also Touchdowns including the famous photo of him on his knees in the end zone in the Dolphins snow game (Rock & Roll part 2 snow show).

im too young to remember tippett all that well
but ill say one thing
the best in this past era was def willie
and i think we all saw how great he was at holding that edge when we relied on vrabel and colvin to do it this yr

Andre Tippett for me. I grew up with him destroying people and it was awesome!

Not just the best Patriot linebacker of all time, but in my humble-opinion he's one of the best of all time. I know there's no contention with #1 being LT, but imagine Tippet in LT's shoes playing with the G-Men linebacker corps of the mid to late 80's. What kind of #'s would he have ended up with playing alongside Henry Carson and Pepper Johnson. I believe he was that good!!

Agree. Mo Lewis and AT.

Andre Tippett was the best Patriots linebacker, ever, so far.

I love me some Willie Mac. Bruschi is another I like, since his days at Arizona. I was laughed out of the park by suggesting AD as an option for our Pats. Vincent Brown was a monster and Slade had his days. But Tippett was the man and that is all that should be said.

Johnny Rembert and Sam Hunt.

Not the best, but pretty damn good. Rembert wentfrom the practice squad to 2 pro bowls and Sam Hunt was the quickest 270 lb. Linebacker around.:D

I would have to go with Nick Buonoconti with a healthy Ted Johnson tied with Andre Tippett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back