Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who was the greatest head coach in Pats history?

• Lou Saban

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Mike Holovak

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Chuck Fairbanks

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Ron Meyer

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Rod Rust

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • **** McPherson

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Pete Carroll

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBeliever

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
It's time to settle this once and for all, and I think it's only appropriate that we vote on this poll for ONE DAY ONLY, on APRIL 1... (hint, hint)

It's time to settle this once and for all, and I think it's only appropriate that we vote on this poll for ONE DAY ONLY, on APRIL 1... (hint, hint)

This would have been funnier if you made it a public poll.

Last edited:
Admitted bias, I voted for and played for Coach McPherson

Rod Rust FTW.

I demand Clive Rush's name be put in nomination. Sorry, Rod Rust was never funny.

Seriously though, without Mike Holovak the team might not have survived it's first decade, so he's got a legit claim, being that none of those other names would have ever coached.

I demand Clive Rush's name be put in nomination. Sorry, Rod Rust was never funny.

Seriously though, without Mike Holovak the team might not have survived it's first decade, so he's got a legit claim, being that none of those other names would have ever coached.

Rust's win/loss record was pretty funny... to Jets, Dolphins, Bills, and Colts fans.

Darn, I knew I was going to forget someone important. :bricks:

Yeah, it was Rush that i was thinking of when i voted Holovak. I think it crazy Clive that drafted a dead guy with the Pats first ever first rnd draft pick. I remember reading that he was killed in a car crash and Clive was unaware and drafted him, he didn't get a comp pick. The rest was HX for quite awhile

Last edited:
Clive's bonafides for the best coach evah award.

Almost electrocuted himself at his first press conference.

Employed the Black Power Defense to express his solidarity with current trends, or just because he was bat**** crazy. Funniest part is, he didn't even have 11 black defensive players, so he had to put offensive players on D.

Cut Bob Gladieux, then paged him from the stands, re signed him at half time whereupon the half in the bag Gladieux made the tackle on the kickoff to the amazement of his friend who had just gone for more beers.

Conducted his first interview with icon Will McDonough naked in his office with the A/C reportedly cranked up to arctic levels.

I wanted to vote for McPherson's priest brother ... where was he?

Yeah, it was Rush that i was thinking of when i voted Holovak. I think it crazy Clive that drafted a dead guy with the Pats first ever first rnd draft pick. I remember reading that he was killed in a car crash and Clive was unaware and drafted him, he didn't get a comp pick. The rest was HX for quite awhile

Actually, that was Holovak and his genius GM Ed McKeever. The story goes that They decided to draft DL Dennis Byrd with their first choice, giving him a congratulatory call only to find he was on the operating table with a knee injury their crack scouting staff hadn't known about.

Supposedly, they were ready to draft a WR in a later round who had apparently died months earlier.

As nuts as Rush was, that late sixties early seventies era was a total joke, likely due to Sullivan's problems trying to manage or consolidate the business end.

Tough call between Rust and McPherson. I guess Rust gets the call because we all had such high hopes. Then again, can't forget the way Fairbanks left.

McPherson was the huggiest, so I went for him.

:)

Rod Rust for obvious reasons :)

Clive's bonafides for the best coach evah award.

Almost electrocuted himself at his first press conference.

Employed the Black Power Defense to express his solidarity with current trends, or just because he was bat**** crazy. Funniest part is, he didn't even have 11 black defensive players, so he had to put offensive players on D.

Cut Bob Gladieux, then paged him from the stands, re signed him at half time whereupon the half in the bag Gladieux made the tackle on the kickoff to the amazement of his friend who had just gone for more beers.

Conducted his first interview with icon Will McDonough naked in his office with the A/C reportedly cranked up to arctic levels.

Without question -- CLIVE RUSH!!!

By the way - Harpo had also smoked something funny before that game too!!!

On a serious note ...
best coach in Patriot's history ... not HC

nfl_i_scarnecchia_200.jpg

Well, if it's an April 1 vote, then it HAS to be Rod Rust, followed very closely by **** McPhereson.

Rust. Those of you who voted for anyone else need help.

i went for Holovak as i thought, wrongly, this was serious

Rust. Those of you who voted for anyone else need help.
You Sir just don't go back far enough to the days of yester year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes