Votes: 23 26.7%
  • Jills

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Phins

Votes: 10 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After 3 years of Eric Mangini, you still dont understand a 2gap defense?
Colemans job isnt to get push. His job is to engage the blocker.
Bartons job is not to get tackles for loss, his job is to stay home at the los and take on the G. Barton IIRC had 90 tackles last year and Bart Scott had 60. I dont put a lot of stock in tackle stats, but thats what they were IIRC.

I just cant believe we are arguing that JAG Leonhard was a DIFFERENCE MAKER in Bmores defense. That is bizarre to me.
When oyu have to defend the player by saying he knows the system all talk of upgrade should cease.

So to get this straight you think there is a significant difference between Leonhard and Elam and that change alone makes the Jets a better defensive team? Just want to have tha answer so I can understand the rules for when we discuss the Patriots and what claims I can make without anything more than hope.

I understand the point of the 3-4 2 gap. But when you cant draw doubles and constantly get pushed backwards by 1 linemen consistently, I think that constitutes a scrub. The above description is Kenyon Coleman.

Bart Scot vs Eric Barton. I honestly dont know what to say anymore. How are they comparable.
Elam vs Leonhard is a slight upgrade.

The Jets will be better on D this year b/c of two main reasons really.

a) I hate Mangini and his vanilla schemes and feel Rex will bring something new to the table that players actually thrive off using their strengths instead of being forced into a my way or the highway D which Mangina was known for.

b) we upgraded or stayed the same at every position on D (the biggest one being Bart Scott not Jim leonhard, Scott is 10x the player Eric Barton is. You watch stats while I watch the two play and its obvious who is better, wheres the stat for having a LB who can cover the TE?)

I dont see them as a top ten D jus a good D

I understand the point of the 3-4 2 gap. But when you cant draw doubles and constantly get pushed backwards by 1 linemen consistently, I think that constitutes a scrub. The above description is Kenyon Coleman.

Bart Scot vs Eric Barton. I honestly dont know what to say anymore. How are they comparable.
Elam vs Leonhard is a slight upgrade.

The Jets will be better on D this year b/c of two main reasons really.

a) I hate Mangini and his vanilla schemes and feel Rex will bring something new to the table that players actually thrive off using their strengths instead of being forced into a my way or the highway D which Mangina was known for.

b) we upgraded or stayed the same at every position on D (the biggest one being Bart Scott not Jim leonhard, Scott is 10x the player Eric Barton is. You watch stats while I watch the two play and its obvious who is better, wheres the stat for having a LB who can cover the TE?)

I dont see them as a top ten D jus a good D

Forget it.
You bring up stats. I respond by posting tackles stats WHILE SAYING I DONT PUT MUCH STOCK IN TACKLE STATS and you post this garbage:

You watch stats while I watch the two play and its obvious who is better, wheres the stat for having a LB who can cover the TE?)

You are wasting my time. Good luck in 3 years you can come back and tell me how much of an upgrade the newest new coach is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy just an fyi you also come across as a very angry poster, the impression that I think most people get is that they shouldn't post here at all. If thats what you want just say it. I have no problem taking off even though I like hit here. I don't want to get into angry arguments so I'm leaving this thread now.

All your posts seem angry and attacking, I don't know if you mean to come across like that and thats why I'm saying it.

Last edited:
This year's Defenses will be built on last year Defenss. The Patriots Defense finished as ther Top Tenth in Yards Allowed and Top Eighth in Points Allowed. That was better than any ohter AFCE Defense.

At the same time th Patriots played three new LBs and four rookies in the secondary.

The team will be better for no other reason than these players are no longer rookies.:D

But the Pats D also had one of the worst 3rd down conversion percentages allowed in the NFL and the pass defense and pass rush were awful. Let's be realistic. I think our revamped secondary WILL be better. But it is yet to be seen who will step up to put the pressure on the passer in 2009.

But the Pats D also had one of the worst 3rd down conversion percentages allowed in the NFL and the pass defense and pass rush were awful. Let's be realistic. I think our revamped secondary WILL be better. But it is yet to be seen who will step up to put the pressure on the passer in 2009.

The pass rush was not awful. Check out our sack totals against the rest of the league. The fact that merely average/above average = awful in the eyes of fans like you is another example of everything that's wrong with Pats fans nowadays.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back