Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I know its slow for the next month, so just coming up with some topics that we could batter about. I dont know of any Bruins players, I dont follow hockey,but Im sure it would come in fourth

I know I forgot seymoer , my bad

Whoever voted for Manny Ramirez should be permanently banned from this forum, have his American citizenship revoked, and deported to Antarctica, where his severe lack of judgment will be a threat to no one.

Last edited:
If you go by pure athlete, I think NBA players are the best athletes in the world, so you would have to say Pierce. But obvios Tom Brady is going to win this, and who could argue. QB is the most important position in all of sports,an he i the best there is.

I suggest that we all try to include "Other" in polls like this.

SEYMOUR

actually, the best athlete is Bruins Forward Patrice Bergeron.

Last edited:
I voted for Tommy but Tedy is a close second. One person you left off the list is Jason Varitek. He plays well, consistently and without drama! Plus there is no one else I would want to have my back in a brawl!

Whilst I don't watch any NHL (so I can't amke a totally informed decision) I would vote for Ben Watson...

TIM THOMAS...

That said, Brady's the best in his particular sport of all athletes (sportsmen, whatever). If by athlete you mean athletic wise though, it'd probably be Paul Pierce or Deion Branch.

NEM said:
The man may be a paian in the ass, but he is a bona fide superstar and one of the best players in major league baseball...and i dont want him going anywhere.

For someone who hates the Sox, Tune sure has a lot to say about them......

I am stunned NEM, for the second time in a week we agree!! Do you get to see the games out there on the dish or do you go out to the bar like for the Patriot games? Rock on NEM!

NEM said:
The man may be a paian in the ass, but he is a bona fide superstar and one of the best players in major league baseball...and i dont want him going anywhere.

Hogwash! He's a hitter, period. He can't field and what's worse, HE DOESN'T WANT TO. He has no desire, discipline, or emotional/mental maturity. If he didn't have the hand-eye coordination to successfully swing a baseball bat, he'd be stuffing mango crates in Dominica. He is the most desperate of the Desperate Housewives -- the T.O. of MLB.

I assume you mean "Best Player in his Sport" as opposed to actual best athlete.

If so it's Brady . . . duh.

Bill's Girl said:
For someone who hates the Sox, Tune sure has a lot to say about them......

I am stunned NEM, for the second time in a week we agree!! Do you get to see the games out there on the dish or do you go out to the bar like for the Patriot games? Rock on NEM!

FYI, B.G., the only place I post about your Desperate Housewives is in this forum, which normally is reserved for commentary on the New England Patriots. I like to consider it a refuge from their perpetual nonsense, so forgive me for addressing it as such whenever said nonsense rears its moronic head.

Surprised to not see Seymour in the debate. You could argue he is the best player at his position in the NFL, so I think he should at least be in the debate, especially with Adam.

as for me Boston is ONLY the Pats:

1 - Brady
2 - Seymour
3 - Mc Ginest
4 - Bruschi
5 - Watson (after the play he made against Denver...)

Patriots- Mike Vrabel. Simply put, the man can do it all.

Red Sox- Josh Beckett, not the overweight, injury prone, high-and-mighty big mouth Curt Schilling, is the Ace in Boston. He looked absolutely terrible last year, but that didn't stop him from spouting off about EVERYTHING. There have been many times I wished someone would've stuffed that bloody sock in his yapper.

Bruins- Patrice Bergeron (Great call, Boxer!)

Celtics- Pierce (no-brainer). To bad he's been mired on a sub-mediocre team for the last 8 years.

Tunescribe said:
FYI, B.G., the only place I post about your Desperate Housewives is in this forum, which normally is reserved for commentary on the New England Patriots. I like to consider it a refuge from their perpetual nonsense, so forgive me for addressing it as such whenever said nonsense rears its moronic head.

As for this being the only place you post about the Sox, we have to take you on your word at that.........my spyware is in the shop this week. HOWEVER, for someone who hates baseball and the Sox in particular, you know EVERYTHING about them. I am not a Bruins or Celtics fan, I do not read articles about them, I don't watch tv shows or reports on them and when they are discussed on WEEI, I change the station. I do not post on this occasional B or C thread that pop up here, because my comments would be ignorant and not based on fact. You sometimes seem to know the Sox better than I do.....And don't tell me it is everywhere and unavoidable! Shut the radio or television off, don't read the Sox articles in the paper and don't post on the Sox thread that pop up here.

I noticed you had nothing bad to say about my nomination in this category for Jason Varitek......because there is no controversy or drama surrounding the way he plays. He is a great player and a member of the BB philosophy of team over individual. It just goes to show you get off on writing nasty things to irritate other people. The Sox have been here twice as long as the Patriots and they are not going to phase out like some XFL or Arena League team. So shut up about the Sox everyone gets it...........

BTW, just as a means of a control subject......Jets Insider never has derogatory posts about either the Yankees or the Mets, just against the Giants and of course us!

Also, Manny was raised here in the United States in Washington Heights, New York. I find it offensive that you would make biggoted remarks about Manny and his country of birth.

Last edited:
Manny's got the best individual stats doing arguably the most difficult task in all of sports (round ball, round bat, hitting it square and all)

Besides, as long as the Sox are winning, his fielding faux-pas are the stuff of comedic genious, and laughter is the best medicine.

Last edited:
Bill's Girl said:
As for this being the only place you post about the Sox, we have to take you on your word at that.........my spyware is in the shop this week. HOWEVER, for someone who hates baseball and the Sox in particular, you know EVERYTHING about them. I am not a Bruins or Celtics fan, I do not read articles about them, I don't watch tv shows or reports on them and when they are discussed on WEEI, I change the station. I do not post on this occasional B or C thread that pop up here, because my comments would be ignorant and not based on fact. You sometimes seem to know the Sox better than I do.....And don't tell me it is everywhere and unavoidable! Shut the radio or television off, don't read the Sox articles in the paper and don't post on the Sox thread that pop up here.

I noticed you had nothing bad to say about my nomination in this category for Jason Varitek......because there is no controversy or drama surrounding the way he plays. He is a great player and a member of the BB philosophy of team over individual. It just goes to show you get off on writing nasty things to irritate other people. The Sox have been here twice as long as the Patriots and they are not going to phase out like some XFL or Arena League team. So shut up about the Sox everyone gets it...........

BTW, just as a means of a control subject......Jets Insider never has derogatory posts about either the Yankees or the Mets, just against the Giants and of course us!

Also, Manny was raised here in the United States in Washington Heights, New York. I find it offensive that you would make biggoted remarks about Manny and his country of birth.

Look, you can't be a sports fan of ANY team in this area without being force-fed the Desperate Housewives. WEEI, NESN, FSN, ESPNBoston -- looking for Patriots news anywhere you can't help but absorb their perpetual soap opera by sheer osmosis. This forum is another case in point. What I wrote about Manny was not meant as "bigoted," but a comment on his lack of integrity as the poster child for all that is wrong with professional athletes. He is a selfish, self-aggrandizing idiot incarnate. He is MLB's version of T.O., albeit a few notches below because at least T.O. gives 100 percent effort. Some people are OK with athletes who make a mockery of the game, their teammates, and their fans, as long as they produce between the lines. I'm not one of them. Varitek is a rare exception on that team. As for your "control subject": does Jets Insider feel it necessary to have its own Yankees or Mets forum to siphon off intrusive baseball posts? EVEN with a DH forum here on Patsfans, people post about the DH here freely, often without OT designation. I commend Jets Insider fans for having the common sense not to mix apples and oranges (or oranges and rotten apples, as the case may be).

Boston = Baseball, Tune. That's the way it has ALWAYS been.

But this poll needs specification. By athlete, do we mean best speed, best strength or like Brady, just the "best?"

If by pure athleticism, it would probably be Pierce, Branch, or Seymour.

If by pure brains, it would probably be Schilling, Varitek, Brady, or Bruschi.

If by clutchness, it would obviously be Vinatieri, followed by Brady, Ortiz and Schilling,

If by simply the best in their sport, it would be Brady or Ortiz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back