Welcome to PatsFans.com

Best Buy didn't scam me. The Finish Line scammed me....

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Keegs, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Nobody in this forum should ever shop at Best Buy again.
    Because of Best Buy, i have a b.s. $24.95 transaction on my credit card that i NEVER authorized

I used to shop there all the time, but now i am completely done with it.
    I checked my credit card statement online today and there was a charge on Tuesday from "TMZ*Sports Illustrated"
    I never bought anything on tuesday with my card, let alone from crapzilla Sports Illustrated.

So i took that charge and put it in google to see what would happen.
    I found various pages of people complaining about Best Buy.

When They ring you up at BB and you pay with Credit, they will ask you repeatedly if you want 6 free issues of entertainment weekly or SI. If you say "no", the 16 year old side show will then ask you again and again.

There have been numerous complaints that these morons put you down for the magazines even when you say NO. Just like in my case.

I'm a pretty miserable person so i'm actually kind of glad this happened. I will tell my cc company that it's fraud and have them investigate. then ill complain to best buy.

If i don't get the $25 back, it will be worth it. Because i will call Best Buy every day, for the rest of my entire life. It will be worth it for the daily aggravation that i will put best buy through.

As far as i'm concerned right now, Best Buy is the reason the pats lost the superbowl.

I'm never shopping at that store again, and i'm telling everyone i know about this.
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Re: Best Buy scammed me. I'm never shopping there again.

Displaced anger may help many of us to move on.. Best Buy is a worthy target.
  3. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Ummm where does your credit problem or personal issues with Best Buy find a place in a Patriots main forum? - The pub is the spot for this,At least talk football if you have nothing about the Pats,not about your disgust with a major retailer.
  4. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I put it on the main forum for a specific reason:

I'm guessing a lot of people here buy from BestBuy and i don't think anyone should have to deal with this crap.

EVERYONE on this forum should know about this. And nobody really goes to the pub besides me and like 3 other dudes.
  5. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Their no interest scam on big ticket items is legendary. A friend of mine bought a 42 inch plasma there, made all her monthly no interest payments on time, and made the last payment a couple of weeks before the year was up only to find out the year on the calendar and the year in their fine print are not one in the same, so she owed them $1200 in interest on a $4000 HDTV.
  6. eom

eom Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

I'm right w/you, bro'.

screw best buy --- they won't get another dollar from me!
  7. fumbrunner

fumbrunner Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Agreed. Move please.
  8. roman_maroney

roman_maroney Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Do not ever order Best Buys Geek Squad services. I used to work for them, but left because I felt uncomfortable with the way they fleece their clients. When I was sent to a home for a specific repair or job (example, install a wireless network) I was also sent with a quota. They wanted $250 per service call. Given that a wifi install costs $159, I had to add on other services such as antivirus install or some other bull, as my job performance review was not based on quality of service or customer satisfaction, but in revenue generated. I am a computer tech, not a salesman. And I certainly felt shady for the short time I took part in this practice. Just an FYI for the non tech savvy out there.

And its also their fault David Tyree made that catch against his helmet
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  9. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Keegs, you crack me up, thanks.
    As for BestBuy, I went in there a while back to shop for a pc, the guy kept wanting to charge me like 100 dollars to clean a bunch of stuff off of my brand new computer.
    Why would I need to pay to have trial programs or whatever cleaned from a BRAND NEW computer? Rip Off.
  10. Run it up baby!

Run it up baby! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I haven't shopped at Best Buy since they screwed me out of an iPod, and I never will again. Mine broke and I had the extended warranty, so I brought it back to exchange it. So they looked up my warranty and while they were doing it, I thought it was extremely odd that all they used was my last name. No serial number from the product, no receipt, no photo ID, even though I had all 3 with me. They just took my word that I gave them my real name.

Anyway it turns out my warranty had already been used by someone. It wasn't me, I have no reason to lie about this on a Patriots forum, but they wouldn't believe me. Apparently you can exchange your iPod 3 times so I could have just exchanged it anyway, but the person that used my warranty traded their black 1st gen iPod for a silver 3rd gen, and I had a black 1st gen that I was trading. They told me that I already used my warranty to get a silver 3rd gen iPod, and unless I could produce the silver one, then they could not exchange anything for me. I explained to them over and over again that their system for exchanges is extremely flawed, and that anyone in the world could have came in with a black iPod and said "This is my name, I need a new iPod" and used my warranty. They continually told me they could do nothing for me, swore at me, told me "It's not their problem," when I told them that they were screwing me out of $200, and were just generally rude all around, and this includes associates and 3 managers that I spoke with.
  11. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

that is when you call corporate and keep calling.

If you get people who don't help you, you bother them until they do.

I would call every day, forever, until you get your money.
  12. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I have a $50 Best Buy card. Can I use it before I boycott them as well?

I have never found much use for Best Buy or stores of that ilk...I get my games from Gamestop, my 360 on e-bay, and my computer from Dell. I will probably use my $50 card on WOW time or a Blue Tooth.
  13. Run it up baby!

Run it up baby! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Use it up, you'd be helping them more by not using it. They already received payment for the gift card, so if you didn't use it they would basically be getting $50 without any product leaving the store ;)
  14. Amir

Amir Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Worst.Customer.Service.Ever

Best Buy sucks.
  15. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I stopped buying at BestBuy when everything was cheaper on the internet or at Target or some place. I can't remember the last time I walked into a BestBuy.

But, I've had problems with companies in the past. A Ryobi weed wacker that they had for 2 months and hadn't fixed yet, a bogus late charge on an American Express card to name a few. With each incident I was careful to document who and when I spoke with anyone on the matter and then filled out a BBB complaint on line and then wrote to the Attorney General's office in their home state. Each time satisfaction was found within days of them receiving the complaints.
  16. Dino 6 Rings

Dino 6 Rings Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Mind if I stop in for a Pint...

Best Buy, they are idiots. This is how you have to deal with them. Walk in, and the first person that comes up to you, ask for his manager. That's what I do now, everywhere. I walked in their with 5K in the bank, ready to buy my TV, Sony 46" Bravia, last year. The "kid" starts talking to me like I'm an idiot and don't have more AV experience in my background then his little nintendo playing arse could ever imagine, I told him flat out, "I'm here to buy a TV, today, I want this one." and he started in with the "do you have the hook up for it? Want the $100 wall mount or $65.00 "special chord" I looked at the dude and said "Your manager, here now, you not. Go!" As soon as the manager came over I told him. "I am here to buy this TV right now." He started with the crap talk about financing and more crap, and I cut him off and said, "Listen. I am here to buy this TV right now. That's it Pal." From then on my service was spectacular.

I think its the world "Pal." I think that there is some Best Buy Training where if you use the special code word "Pal" they turn into super customer service reps.

Anyway...I haven't been into Best Buy since, and my TV, freaking rocks.
  17. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

LOL And how about when they try to sell you the wicked expensive "monster cables" to hook up your stereo. Whenever you need something, they bring you right over to the most expensive one.
  18. Dino 6 Rings

Dino 6 Rings Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

no doubt man. Always the most expensive one. a $65 RCA cable...get the ef out of here with that!!

And they act like you don't know what the heck your doing. I spent 3 years as the AV tech for a pharma company that had over 36 conference rooms with LCD Projectors and Plasma TVs and Video conference equipment and they talk to everyone like they are idiots. I know they have to "dumb" down for some non-tech people, but when you know what you want and what you're talking about, they need to shut up and do what you tell them to do. That is what they need to do. Hence, the word "Pal". I'm telling you it works everywhere. Once you break out "Listen Pal" its over, they submit to your will LOL!!!
  19. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Monster Cables are a joke. I bought HDMI cables from Amazon.com for a dollar each. seriously, and the tv looks great. HDMI crap is marked up so crazy.

I actually had the 24.95 refunded to my account today
    which means that they are constantly calling the company and having them refund money b/c there are so many people constantly getting screwed over by these morons.

I don't see any other explanation for a refund in under 24 hours. I even said that i "dont remember" the charge, i never even said it was fraud or b.s.

it sucks that they just refund it and nothing happens. I'm going to be an jerk about this whole thing. I'm going to find out which store signed me up for that and call them, or the best buy corporate headquarters. I will do this when im sitting in rush hour miserable on my way home from work. So i'll be wasting time, complaining and *****ing while im waiting in traffic. Much better than just sitting in traffic.

I can't wait.
  20. cincipatsfan

cincipatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Do keep us posted. You crack me up.

I came in to this forum seeking refuge from all the sg bull****.