PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best Basebrawls.

I liked the fight when A.J. Pierzynski got popped in the face this year during interleague play...i hate him...

I also like the one in pawtucket, when the guy kicked the catcher then went after the pitcher, but i forget who it was...

...And...the fight with the D-Rays when Lou Merloni took the guys legs out as he went after Paydro...that was great...even though he had to go on the DL after lol

I like fighting too much...I need to watch more boxing...

dr said:
WOW!! Marichal only gets eight games for clubbing John Roseboro like a baby seal. http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5630738?GT1=8199
The Yankees-Red Sox brawl of 2004 was nowhere near as entertaining as the Orioles-Red Sox brawl of about 3-4 years ago. That thing started in the infield and spilled out into left field before all was said and done.

Oh, and for pure entertainment and comedy value, you gotta give an honorable mention to Nolan Ryan versus Robin Ventura. Has one man ever so thoroughly pummeled another in a basebrawl..?

PatsSaintsSox said:
I also like the one in pawtucket, when the guy kicked the catcher then went after the pitcher, but i forget who it was...
I swear to God, that is one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life. It was like a scene from a Chuck Norris TV show.

Back in the late '80s, The Padres' Eric Show lost control of a fastball and nailed the Cubs' Andre Dawson in the helmet, knocking him out. The Cubs' bench came running out to give Show a piece of their minds, so of course the Padres' bench cleared out as well. Lots of pushing and shoving ensued. After a good few minutes of this and as things are starting to calm down, Dawson came to, immediately jumped up and came after Show himself! Harry Caray described the entire scene doing his best Johnny Most one-sided rant impersonation. Dawson restarting the whole melee after waking up was one of the funniest things I've seen in a basebrawl.

I watched the Ryan/Ventura fight as it happened. My first reaction was wondering why Ventura is charging the mound...it was so obvious Ryan hit him by accident. My next reaction was amazement as Ryan sidestepped Ventura, headlocked him with his left arm and started POUNDING his skull. If this clip is somewhere on youtube, it has to be seen to be believed.

Regards,
Chris

PatsSaintsSox said:
Izzy Alcantara, man. That was crazy.

Found a video of it.

Last edited:
my 2 favorite were the 1976 Red Sox-Yankees brawl when Bill Lee kept after it until they finally ripped his shoulder out and in 2003 when Pedro tried to bowl with Zimmers head. the sight of Zimmer running around the pile to get to Pedro, just to get thrown down by the head, was priceless!

3 to be 4 said:
my 2 favorite were the 1976 Red Sox-Yankees brawl when Bill Lee kept after it until they finally ripped his shoulder out and in 2003 when Pedro tried to bowl with Zimmers head. the sight of Zimmer running around the pile to get to Pedro, just to get thrown down by the head, was priceless!

my favorite was mid 90's when clemens hit a batter who charged the mound only to be intercepted and absolutely drilled by Mo Vaughn with a hit worthy of a Pats highlight.
Second would have to be 40 year old Nolan Ryan getting Robin Ventura in a headlock and giving him noogies...........
Third might be that Tampa Bay when all the Devil Rays got ejected, Pedro almost had a no-no and Brian Daubach knocked out one of his teammates (Merloni).....When Carl Everett looks like a calming influence, you know it's a wild game.....
---------------------------------------------------
Avatar is from the NFL draft 2006- from the very back row of level three of Radio City Music Hall..........

Last edited:
I was at a Sox game when Clemens was pitching against the Tigers. Roger gives up back-to-back HRs and hits the next batter John Shelby. Shelby charges the mound and is tackled from behind by John Marzano.

The Pedro-Zimmer one is my fave though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird....

Last edited by F.B.N. : 09-27-2005 at 08:28 PM.

FBN....stop editing my posts a year before I post them. I hate when you do that.

I really do have a special place in my heart for the July 2004 Sox-Yanks brawl. I think my favorite part of the whole thing was Tanyon Sturtze trying to rumble with former bodybuilder Gabe Kapler and 230#+ Ortiz. He was lucky to come out only just bleeding. I guess that's what happens when your mommy names you Tanyon.

I do enjoy some of the Sox-DRays brawls of the Lou Pinella years. There was one in April last year that was relatively tame, but the D-Rays radio announcers publicly called out Schilling and Ortiz as "overrated thugs."

Maybe a silly question:

After a bean-brawl, is the "batter" still awarded first base in the form of a substitute? Are they counted out as a penalty, in addition to the ejection? I have never payed attention to this detail.

Also, good call on the poster who remembered Big Mo sticking up for Pedro. Mo has taken some derisive heat since his hey-day, but what a hey-day it was for us.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back