PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best and Worst Patriots Players Of 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Players of 2006:
Ty Warren and Asante Samuel

Worst Player of 2006
Marquise Hill. Three years without any production whatsoever from this clown. Frankly, I can't even remember one memorable play from this UBER-bust. Marquise Hill is even worse than Bethel Johnson. This clown should be cut immediately.

The difference is that Bethel Johnson didn't have 3 first round picks in front of him.

The worst was obviously Gabriel according to BB because he wouldn't listen to what the coaches were saying.

The best player was probably Warren...

The over-acheiver was Caldwell

One of the best pickups was Gaffney.

And as far as Chad Jackson -- he had NO training camp, and he still caught 3 TDs (including a big one against the Jets).

WHAT PART OF MY POST DID SOME OF YOU GUYS NOT UNDERSTAND?

It says 'PLAYERS WHO PLAYED MOST OR ALL' of the season best and worst of them...Make your picks on that,not stupid answers like Marquise Hill or Chad Jackson who did not play much,learn how to read.

WHAT PART OF MY POST DID SOME OF YOU GUYS NOT UNDERSTAND?

It says 'PLAYERS WHO PLAYED MOST OR ALL' of the season best and worst of them...Make your picks on that,not stupid answers like Marquise Hill or Chad Jackson who did not play much,learn how to read.

Calm down, buddy.

This isn't Hall of Fame balloting.

Last edited:
The difference is that Bethel Johnson didn't have 3 first round picks in front of him.

Didn't Mike Wright have the same 3 first round picks in front of him that Hill did and still play well enough in the last 2 years to not only get on the field but to make solid contributions when he was in there?

Calm down, buddy.

This isn't Hall of Fame balloting.

No it isn't but aren't you the type of guy that hates post hijacking? - Might as well be considered it when things totally change from the original question,right? - Some guy adds surprise player,didn't know that was part of the post either.

No it isn't but aren't you the type of guy that hates post hijacking? - Might as well be considered it when things totally change from the original question,right? - Some guy adds surprise player,didn't know that was part of the post either.

Well, when you put restrictions on the choices, and this is just an insignificant message board thread, people aren't really going to care.

The topic of "Best and Worst Patriots Players of 2006" is still at hand.

Well, when you put restrictions on the choices, and this is just an insignificant message board thread, people aren't really going to care.

The topic of "Best and Worst Patriots Players of 2006" is still at hand.

I am not going to argue with you on this,Save those arguments for the morons who are doing the continuous Ban NEM threads posts- Its like little children with no life there,this one post has not place to waste my time arguing with you.

did someone actually say Gaffney?

i know some people are ticked because of the 2 drops, but WHO thought Reche Caldwell would catch 61 passes this year????

without him stabilizing the passing game somewhat we'd have gone nowhere in 2006. Not saying he was the "best player", but he deserves some props from performing above and beyond what anyone thought he would or was asked to by any Patriots fan.

did someone actually say Gaffney?

i know some people are ticked because of the 2 drops, but WHO thought Reche Caldwell would catch 61 passes this year????

without him stabilizing the passing game somewhat we'd have gone nowhere in 2006. Not saying he was the "best player", but he deserves some props from performing above and beyond what anyone thought he would or was asked to by any Patriots fan.

IMO You can't put Reche in the best player catagory when his miscues in the BIGGEST game were drops or mistakes,Even if his contribution were decent in the season,I can't put him up there,If you can't perform well in the biggest game of the year,you don't get votes no matter what accomplishments were in the games before that.

Hey, 64, what about wilfork?

I am not going to argue with you on this,Save those arguments for the morons who are doing the continuous Ban NEM threads posts- Its like little children with no life there,this one post has not place to waste my time arguing with you.

ya wanna talk about best player?
i choose wilfork, then mankins, then samuel.

issues: without rodney, eugene wilson is an average FS. he's a cover guy, not a hitter. he, and matt light, are playing out of position. light was drafted to be a RT. wilson was picked to be a CB. i'd like to see both of them at their natural positions.

disappointing (sic): watson, maroney, gabriel, jackson.
didn't get one full season's productivity out of the 4 of them combined.

worst:
1. caldwell. he was supposed to be the next "big find" of the BB/SP era (vrabel, harrison, neal, kaczur, mankins). from tht dropped TD pass in the postseaon, to the drop against dolts, he just didn't make the plays one would expect from a WR of his calibre.
2. BB/SP. we'd have beaten the dolts if we hadn't had to depend on caldwell and gaffney, for chrissakes, to grab brady's passes. total extra cost for branch, givens: $2 million in 2006 cap space. available 2006 cap space: $8 million. this formula stuff may make for a well-run franchise, but it Does Not make for Championship Teams.

worst?

Last edited:
Best: Wilfork/Warren

Worst: Banta-cain - the writing is on the wall when you sit out of the biggest game of the year and replaced in the starting LB rotation by a special teamer.

Re: Hey, 64, what about wilfork?

ya wanna talk about best player?
i choose wilfork, then mankins, then samuel.

issues: without rodney, eugene wilson is an average FS. he's a cover guy, not a hitter. he, and matt light, are playing out of position. light was drafted to be a RT. wilson was picked to be a CB. i'd like to see both of them at their natural positions.

disappointing (sic): watson, maroney, gabriel, jackson.
didn't get one full season's productivity out of the 4 of them combined.

worst:
1. caldwell. he was supposed to be the next "big find" of the BB/SP era (vrabel, harrison, neal, kaczur, mankins). from tht dropped TD pass in the postseaon, to the drop against dolts, he just didn't make the plays one would expect from a WR of his calibre.
2. BB/SP. we'd have beaten the dolts if we hadn't had to depend on caldwell and gaffney, for chrissakes, to grab brady's passes. total extra cost for branch, givens: $2 million in 2006 cap space. available 2006 cap space: $8 million. this formula stuff may make for a well-run franchise, but it Does Not make for Championship Teams.

worst?

Yeah ,Although you know that I was finally over losing Deion Branch until I watched the Super Bowl 38 on NFL Network last night...It showed how truly great Branch was in BIG playoff games,He dominated the very highly ranked Panther Secondar that game and had something close to 100 yards before halftime - Now I miss him again-Oh Well Life goes on....

IMO Caldwell is average but can't be considered anywhere near what Branch gave us..In next year or in 100 years he won't be better but thats all under the bridge now so we accept with what we have....

why are u guys saying Maroney is a dissapointment? b.c he had no more and danced a little much in the playoff games?

750 yards in rookie year, over a 1000 total yards ..thats not a dissapointment. he split carries and had decent run blocking @ best with horrible play calling

thats not dissapointing..how u label Maroney a dissapointment in same category as guys who gets cut and a guy who barely played is beyond me

he has work to do..every player does. were trying to make a transition to a ZBS arent we? hes a rookie for petes sake

why not label Dillon a dissapointment? Brady? Harrison? Seymour?

why are u guys saying Maroney is a dissapointment? b.c he had no more and danced a little much in the playoff games?

750 yards in rookie year, over a 1000 total yards ..thats not a dissapointment. he split carries and had decent run blocking @ best with horrible play calling

thats not dissapointing..how u label Maroney a dissapointment in same category as guys who gets cut and a guy who barely played is beyond me

he has work to do..every player does. were trying to make a transition to a ZBS arent we? hes a rookie for petes sake

I don't think Maroney is a dissappointment at this time but he better be able to bounce of the initial wave of defenders in the next couple of years if he is going to prove he is a good back-he went down like a pile of bricks most of the time when getting an initial hit at the LOS and if he can learn to bounce away and don't dance around he should get better,Of course good line play opening up holes won't hurt either...As of now Joseph Addai and Maurice Jones Drew are better rookie RBs..We will see by this time next year if we got a find..or missed out.

I don't think Maroney is a dissappointment at this time but he better be able to bounce of the initial wave of defenders in the next couple of years if he is going to prove he is a good back-he went down like a pile of bricks most of the time when getting an initial hit at the LOS and if he can learn to bounce away and don't dance around he should get better,Of course good line play opening up holes won't hurt either...As of now Joseph Addai and Maurice Jones Drew are better rookie RBs..We will see by this time next year if we got a find..or missed out.

well when u have 2 guys who outweight u in your face when u get the ball..u expect him to make a play? and i dont think he went down like pile of brick a lot..when he got some blocking he suprised me with pushign the pile for a guy who looks smaller than 220. i agree though..Drew and Addai had better rookie years.

a little unfair to comapre now but im confident in maroney

Re: Hey, 64, what about wilfork?

Yeah ,Although you know that I was finally over losing Deion Branch until I watched the Super Bowl 38 on NFL Network last night...It showed how truly great Branch was in BIG playoff games,He dominated the very highly ranked Panther Secondar that game and had something close to 100 yards before halftime - Now I miss him again-Oh Well Life goes on..

Funny i has same feeling after i saw pitt championship game.

Wow. What backwards thinking. The leaders of the team are disappointers but Jackson is not. Jackson is fine. He had an injury in training camp you know. :rolleyes:

Wow. What backwards thinking. The leaders of the team are disappointers but Jackson is not. Jackson is fine. He had an injury in training camp you know. :rolleyes:

WTF. Dude, come back here one year from today and if Chad Jackson hasn't done something to win you over, fine, you can sit here and get all excited over the fact that you were right and we were wrong. But in the meantime, how about you give the kid (and the coaches) the benefit of the doubt and a little more time, and not take every chance you get to take a shot at him.

And you know what is backwards thinking? To blame the fate of the team on a ROOKIE and not on the LEADERS. I am sure Brady and Seymour, like great veteran leaders, do accept blame in the outcome of the season, whether they deserve it or not.

Last edited:
If Maroney's performance is dissapointing to anyone, I suggest that they better be prepared for many more disappointments in football and in life.

Maroney had a fine season, and was even playing at rookie of the year type quality for some of it. He was a great pick and contributed a lot in his rookie year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back