PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best and Worst draft picks of the Bobby Grier Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What was Pete Carroll thinking?

1) Yes, Edwards broke a bone in his foot and missed 8 weeks, but now, you claim he was injury prone.

2) Hell, next you'll say that Edwards spent all 4 years at Georgia as a RB.

3) Your synopsis of Edwards is severely lacking. Sorry.

1) I don't claim now that he was injury-prone...I claimed that 10 years ago. As I stated before, if he were available in the 2nd round, I would have taken him. I just didn't think he was worth the #18 or #22 picks of the draft.

2) No I won't, because I know that he didn't.

3) No need to apologize.

...BB and Pioli have BOTH said at different times that last year's draft was short on talent and that there were several players taken in the first round who they had as street free agents.

THINK ABOUT THAT.

I have, and it frightens me that they so poorly misjudged the talent last year that they would laughably claim that there were players drafted in the 1st round whom they would not take if they were available in the 7th round. Think about that.

Re: What was Pete Carroll thinking?

Your best hope is probably at the Wool Shed on Parnell Street (it's an Aussie/Kiwi bar, and actually one of the best sports bars I've ever been to, be it at home or abroad, the food's half decent, and the 10 euro pitcher of Fosters is the best deal you'll find in beer in the city), but no promises. Buskers in Temple Bar is another possibility. Sky Sports is apparently going to be airing the draft for the first time this year, so any place capable of airing Sky Sports (read: nearly every television set in Ireland) can show it. The question is, will they?

I think the Wool Shed is probably your best bet. It's where I watched the Super Bowl (I'm surprised I'm not banned for life). I'm sure they'll be able to toss it up on a screen or two. You can find its location on Google Maps, it's pretty close to all the main things to see or do in Dublin (Parnell Street is off the top of O'Connell, the main street in the city). Ask me again as the draft gets closer, I'll let you know for sure if they'll be playing it there. If they are, I suspect I'll be spending most of the weekend there myself.

Thanks for the tips. I am indeed familiar with Parnell Street and Temple Bar from my visit last May/June. It would be brilliant if Sky Sports aired the draft, even on a delayed basis.

Worst - Brandon Mitchell - He sucked
Best - WOULD HAVE BEEN Robert Edwards if not for that freak pro-bowl accident,he was headed to be the best RB in Patriots history IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back