PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best and Worst Backup QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gopats!!!

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Elliot Kaub has a list of the best backup QB and the worst.

Now, I am not saying Cassel should be on the top of the list, but I would rather have him than some of the guys on his list (Vince Young, Kyle Boller, Aaron Rodgers to name a few). I know Cassel hasn't done anything out of this world (yet), but I would absolutely put him on this list.

It seems a lot of the national writers have no idea what is going on with the Pats. It's gotten a lot better since we started winning Super Bowls though! :)

In addition, this guy has Kurt Warner as a back up. As far as I know he's currently the starter.

Here is the link

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5900168

I dont see how Young is already ahead of people like schaub. Kyle boller couldnt backup a high school QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's a good idea for an article, but I'm with you, the writer seemed to just throw this together willy-nilly. He puts Matt Schaub at 8 and says, "it's very hard to tell how good he (Schaub) is" - but elevates Tony Romo to 5, a guy who has yet to throw a pass in the NFL, based pretty much on the argument that if Parcells "doesn't rip someone, then he likes them." What???

No Cassel mentioned at all - shows how shortsighted he is.

what a dumb article. as of right now kurt warner is a starter not a backup. he OD'ed on Boller who is not a legit starter. Many on the list havnt played a single nfl snap. just stupid.

Last edited:
Shaub is by far the best backup QB in the NFL. Why isn't McCown (the one on the Lions) in this list. He went .500 in parts of 3 years with a Cardinals team that has been a perpetual 5-11 over that time.

stinkypete said:
Shaub is by far the best backup QB in the NFL. Why isn't McCown (the one on the Lions) in this list. He went .500 in parts of 3 years with a Cardinals team that has been a perpetual 5-11 over that time.

Agreed 100%. Schaub is far and away the best. Vince Young and Aaron Rodgers haven't taken a snap in the NFL. Nor has Cutler. This list is all hype and nothing else. Funny how Aaron Rodgers is at the top and Jason Campbell isn't even mentioned because he isn't the heir apparent to Lord Favre.

stinkypete said:
Shaub is by far the best backup QB in the NFL.

He should be starting over Vick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back