TOTAL PASSING YARDS 1758 1733
PASSING (Comp-Att-Int-Avg) 160 - 243 - 3 - 7.6 141 - 219 - 6 - 8.1
SACKS 11 13
FIELD GOALS 14/17 6/6
TOUCHDOWNS 21 17
(Rushing-Passing-Returns-Defensive) 10 - 10 - 0 - 1 2 - 15 - 0 - 0
TIME OF POSSESSION 32:23 27:36
TURNOVER RATIO +10

I've read through so many threads talking about problems and whats wrong with the Patriots.

I don't see it!

We've lost 3 games by a combined 4 points. All 3 games could of and should of been won. The 3 teams we lost to were all good football teams.

And then keep in mind we are basically starting 4 rookies now on defense,
RE - Jones
LB - Hightower
CB - Dennard
FS - Wilson

all of whom will continue to get better as the season goes.

Hernandez, and Gronk both have had injuries. The 2 biggest pieces to are offense.

Are O-Line is still developing with Wendell, and Soldier being young and inexperienced, and Mankins and Vollmer coming back from injuries.

Are RB's are going to continue to improve with Ridley in his 2nd year and Bolden a rookie.

BB and JM will figure out their play calling and decision making mistakes.

All this talk is crazy this team is primed to be running on all cylinders when it matters in January.

And then keep in mind we are basically starting 4 rookies now on defense,
RE - Jones
LB - Hightower
CB - Dennard
FS - Wilson

all of whom will continue to get better as the season goes.

Jones and Hightower should continue to get better. Dennard and Wilson will likely be coached down by season's end.

No, I think we're tied with all the other .500 teams ever.

LOL, you can talk about all the stats that you want but right now this team is what it is. A team that is at .500 and searching for answers. I remember a couple of years back when they talked about how great the Chargers were statistically but they couldn't win enough games to make the playoffs. So screw the stats, this Pats team has got to find a way to stop losing the close ones. The 'Seattle meltdown' is a big blow to the team's confidence and they will need to come up huge against their next opponents to get it back. That next opponent happens to be the Jets.

No, I think we're tied with all the other .500 teams ever.

Wow. So every .500 team ever is exactly equal in skill? You can't honestly believe this. There is no way you're that stupid.

EDIT: I'm not saying that the Patriots are fantastic right now, but come on, I think it's safe to say that they look better than the Bill so far, for instance.

Last edited:
Wow. So every .500 team ever is exactly equal in skill? You can't honestly believe this. There is no way you're that stupid.

Are you really so stupid that you can't see that the situation can be viewed in more than one light?

Next week we play the Jets. On paper we should win and I think we probably will. But the Jets are rarely easy to play and Rexy has had one over on BB more than once so a win is far from guaranteed.

The following week we play the Rams. Two of their wins this season have been against the Seahawks and Cardinals who we've obviously lost to.

And so we could go in to the bye week at 3-5. Will we be the best 3-5 team ever too?

Gaudy offensive stats are meaningless. The only thing that matters are wins and losses which makes us the same as every other 3-3 team.

You are what your record says you are.

Best 0.500 team? If we're the best 0.500 team after week 17, we have the same view from the couch as does the worst 0.500 team, assuming the AFC can muster up 6 over-0.500 teams.

TEAM STATISTICS
Patriots Opponents....

We've lost 3 games by a combined 4 points. All 3 games could of and should of been won. The 3 teams we lost to were all good football teams.

And then keep in mind we are basically starting 4 rookies now
All this talk is crazy this team is primed to be running on all cylinders when it matters in January.

Thanks for the data, thanks for your enthusiasm and "Welcome to the Board."

I'm just focusing on "one game at a time" now and not even thinking about two weeks from now, let alone January.

I do know that, despite their gaudy numbers, the Pats won't be playing "when it matters in January" unless they address the issues that have been pointed out at length in other threads since around 7:30 yesterday evening and that Bill Belichick summarized after the game. The track record of the Belichick years is that the Pats will indeed address them and will make the Playoffs, but there's a lot of work to be done..

Bill Parcells used to say that "You are what your record says you are." He meant at the end of the season. But, for now, this is a team that couldn't close out Baltimore or Seattle and that didn't play well against Arizona. In this case that makes them 3--3, which is not necessarily the same as "a .500 team."

I'm an optimist, so I think they will turn that around.

Last edited:
I really don't believe in moral victories and I am not sure that is something the pats can hang their hats on.

i can't believe people think we're as good as the other 3-3 teams. considering we had injured players, replacement refs, and only lost by a few points in the 3 we lost.

yes, we have some problems that need to be fixed, but it's only been 6 games. it's as if the season is over by the way people are talking. lol

Last edited:
The Pats have....

1) Top Tackler in Jerod Mayo (tied with Vikings LB Greenway) at 66

2) Top Passer in Brady

3) #3 WR Wes Welker

Last edited:
Giants were in the toilet last year around this time.

ESPN was mocking them, Coughlin was on the hotseat, and half their D was injured. Eli was throwing ducks and picks, and it was clear Manningham and a starting RB were leaving at the end of the year.

Come January they healed up and lit on fire and stole the SB from a perfect pretty Patriots that chugged along nicely to a 13-3 record, tons of nice stats, and little hiccups aside from a 2 game losing streak and a defense that while was crappy on paper did the job pretty consistently.

Have some perspective. This team needs adversity.

You are what your record says you are.

Best 0.500 team? If we're the best 0.500 team after week 17, we have the same view from the couch as does the worst 0.500 team, assuming the AFC can muster up 6 over-0.500 teams.
If we are at .500 after week 17, I don't think the AFCE can produce another team above that. Hell, if we go 7-9 that will probably still win the division. I don't see Miami, Buffalo or NYJ doing better than that.

Parcells =/= Confucius

Also, not all .500 teams are created equal. Unless you think the Bills are on the same level as the Pats.

Trick question: Which Pats SB losing team is better? 2007 or 1985?

Re: Best 500 team ever

Trick question: Which Pats SB losing team is better? 2007 or 1985?

They were equally (un)successful in achieving their final goal. "Better" is just an opinion. In my mind I can imagine them playing, and 2007 smoking 1985 every time, but it is just a thought experiment.

Sometimes always losing close games instills a losing mindset that can't overcome the talent that we "think" is there. Personally I doubt that it will happen, but just as we don't get any brownie points in the next game for being fantastic the last game or for winning a game we should have lost, we don't get any points subtracted for being awful or losing a winnable game. We do have to deal with the standings though, and it simply is what it is.

I see no real positive predictive value in having lost games you should have won.

I think the Pats "deserve" to be 4-2. The replacement refs really did add an unusual level of randomness to the outcomes, so the 0-2 in close games could be viewed as if it "should" be 1-1.

I certainly don't think they deserve to be 6-0.

Anyhow, being a "good" 3-3 team isn't a great accomplishment.

You're on firmer ground if you call them "high potential"; pretty obviously, the Pats are close to being an outstanding football team.

Best O for a 3-3 team yes...best D for a 3-3 team? no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back