PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Besides Brady, who is key to staying healthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedylb

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
My gut says it's Maroney. Our running game becomes sub-par if he goes down. I think that an injury to anyone else, except #12, won't keep us from the Super Bowl. Agree or disagree?

Disagree, they are a more dangerous team with Maroney in the backfield, but they are still a championship level team with Morris, Faulk, and Evans in the backfield. I don't know that there is one other person that if they go down make them not a superbowl contender. I guess I'd say Rodney is the one guy that makes the biggest difference when he's out. The whole D, and the DBs specifically, look totally different with him in versus out.

I keep my crossing fingers primed for:

- Wilfork
- Maroney
- Harrison

with an honorable mention to Dan Koppen.

My gut says it's Maroney. Our running game becomes sub-par if he goes down. I think that an injury to anyone else, except #12, won't keep us from the Super Bowl. Agree or disagree?

I firmly believe it's the FANS. We need to constructively recruit people to being better fans at games. Enough of trying to shame, belittle or getting pissed at people. Let's get a better fan presence at Foxboro by leading by example. Let's recruit people to cheer at the right times, sit and stand when appropriate. I think we can do a better job of this.

That being said we've won a Superbowl with a lot less talent than is on the roster right now...

Number 1 the inside linebackers. They are the glue of the 3-4 defense. Without out them the whole thing falls apart.

Number 2 Rodney Harrison. A healthy Harrison opens so much up for the entire defense.

The most devastating injury situations - perhaps the ONLY ones - on the Pats would be:

1) Brady
2) Maroney
3) catastrophic injury at one position (a la the DB's the last couple years)

Otherwise, this team is unstoppable.

Last edited:
Agree with all of the names listed so far. One guy I think is key is Ellis Hobbs. His progression as a player has been tremendous. Now he's at the point where QB's aren't throwing in his direction that much anymore. He's also a clear leader of the secondary. Also, who knows, Hobbs could still be our main return man, which he's awesome at. With the Samuel situation and the relative lack of proven depth at CB, I think it would be crushing if we lost Hobbs for a long period of the season.

Valid reasoning for Harrison & Hobbs.

As much as I like Sanders, Rodney is an impact maker for the the D.

And if Samuel is a no-show, the corners are a lot weaker without Hobbs.

I'm with Patchick-Got my fingers crossed for all of them.

After Brady I'd probably go with Vince Wilfork. I'd think our run defense especially would suffer without good ol' Vince. Then I'd probably go Rodney and Hobbs. I think we'd still be a great offensive team without Maroney, he just adds some extra explosion when he's in there.

BB's genius can make chicken salad out of you know what on D. The O is the danger zone for injury. After Brady I would say Maroney and Mankins.

I firmly believe it's the FANS. We need to constructively recruit people to being better fans at games. Enough of trying to shame, belittle or getting pissed at people. Let's get a better fan presence at Foxboro by leading by example. Let's recruit people to cheer at the right times, sit and stand when appropriate. I think we can do a better job of this.

That being said we've won a Superbowl with a lot less talent than is on the roster right now...

This is SO TRUE.

I am honestly tired of the people complaining on here about the fans at Foxboro. I can understand the people who can't go to the games, but with all the people on here that say they go, then the fans should be a helluve lot louder than they are. Before the game, you can see the people who are just the prestige fans, tell them you expect to hear their voices, Yell and cheer AT THEM. Get them fired up before they go in. Cheering is like smiling.. Its contagious...

After Brady I'd probably go with Vince Wilfork. I'd think our run defense especially would suffer without good ol' Vince.

NT may be the only position on the entire D with no real backup. By all accounts Wright and Smith as well as Green look most comfortable at DE. If (heaven forbid) Wilfork were to miss a stretch of games, does anyone think Warren might move inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes