PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Berrian gets 6-year deal with the Vikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Pmen

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Just reported Berrian got a 6yr deal with the Vikes. No financial details yet. It will be interesting to see the numbers and whether this will be a baseline for the Moss negotiations.

Re: Berrian gets 6yr deal with the Vikes

FWIW, Berrian was supposedly looking for "Deion Branch" money...

Man I'd love to of had Berrian incase Moss left. I figured he'd be a Viking though.

Man I'd love to of had Berrian incase Moss left. I figured he'd be a Viking though.

Receiver Bernard Berrian has officially joined the Vikings. And he will be extremely well compensated for it.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, it's a six-year, $42 million contract, with $16 million guaranteed.

For Bernard Berrian.

Let's be clear on this. Berrian's best season came in 2007, with 71 receptions for 951 yards and five touchdowns.

And he gets $16 million guaranteed?

Randy Moss, in contrast, had 98 catches for 1,453 yards and 23 touchdowns. So if Berrian is worth $16 million in guaranteed money, how much should Moss get? Should he get $20 million? Maybe $25 million?

Dare we say . . . $30 million?

And though we realize that Berrian has been stuck in a vertically-challenged offense, would Berrian have had the impact on the Pats that Moss did?

Hey, it's a good deal for Berrian. But it really throws a wrench in the plans of the Pats, or anyone else who has designs on landing Moss.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

This is why I've been saying that if Moss signs for anything less than $20 million guaranteed from the Pats, it's a steal and major hometown discount. His market value is probably $25 million guaranteed. That's why the deal should be 4 years, around 36 million. These reports that the Pats have offered 3 years, 13 million guaranteed are a joke. If that is the real offer, I can see why Moss would be pissed, and he would be justified looking elsewhere.

That deal won't help any of the teams trying to sign WR's. Thanks a lot, Minnesota. Then again, it might have been better than if he had visited Oakland and signed with them.

This is why I've been saying that if Moss signs for anything less than $20 million guaranteed from the Pats, it's a steal and major hometown discount. His market value is probably $25 million guaranteed. That's why the deal should be 4 years, around 36 million. These reports that the Pats have offered 3 years, 13 million guaranteed are a joke. If that is the real offer, I can see why Moss would be pissed, and he would be justified looking elsewhere.

I agree 1000% with that premise but where have you heard/seen those reports with that money? I've been looking everywhere and haven't seen a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back