PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bernard Pollard whines about player safety rules; calls Brady "pretty boy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Sellers

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Why am I not surprised this guy would say something like this?

Bernard Pollard Addresses 2008 Season-Ending Hit on Tom Brady, Calls Quarterback 'The Pretty Boy' - NFL - NESN.com

"You got to look at it, that's the pretty boy, that's the man of the NFL, that's 'Mr. Do It All,' so everybody wants to hold that against me, but I don't care," Pollard said Wednesday, according to the Ravens' team site.

Obviously you care very, very much or else you wouldn't be talking about it, now would you?

"We're dogs with no leashes, that's how it is," he said.

Okay Mr. Tough Guy, whatever.

Are you really sure you want to poke the bear with a stick? Why don't you ask Anthony Smith how that worked out?

Why am I not surprised this guy would say something like this?

Bernard Pollard Addresses 2008 Season-Ending Hit on Tom Brady, Calls Quarterback 'The Pretty Boy' - NFL - NESN.com

Obviously you care very, very much or else you wouldn't be talking about it, now would you?

Okay Mr. Tough Guy, whatever.

Are you really sure you want to poke the bear with a stick? Why don't you ask Anthony Smith how that worked out?

Pollard is a tool. It was already proven that Brady get's fewer calls than almost any other QB and that guys like Vick and Roethlingsberger get more. A lot more.

Pollard is going to lead with his helmet and it's going to get him paralyzed. Only then will he stop being an idiot and start advocating that people not lead with their helmets..

Interesting...I found it weird that the Ravens have been either quiet or complimentary so far this week. I chaulked it up to them knowing that this is not a football team that relies simply on finesse as many seem to think. But leave it to Pollard to be the first meathead to say something dumb to the media.

Although if I were him I would be frustrated too. The guy takes a lot of heat for not quitting on a play, something he has been taught to do since he first stepped on a football field.

Good job, Bernard. Now the refs will be watching you extra close this weekend. Please, keep talking about how you're a dog with no leash who can't be bothered with these "rules".

Although, TBH, that sounds mostly to me like a preemptive excuse in case they lose. The Ravens always seem to find a way to have those.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4531578

Seriously, **** the Ravens. Watching them get trounced and then cry about it is going to be a whole lot of fun. And I kinda hope that Pollard tries to cheap shot Gronk this time. Let's see how that works out for him.

Last edited:
It really is amazing how you all think these guys just come out and say these things on their own. You do understand that they are responding to questions regarding to these things, right? I'm sure the question to Pollard was something along the lines of what do you think about the rule changes and has it changed your style of play and what do you think of Tom Brady?

These aren't just out of nowhere comments by Pollard or by Flacco earlier in the day.

A question for Pats fans along those lines: Do you actually believe Pollard's hit on Brady was "cheap"?

Last edited:
I'd love to see a jackass like Pollard say anything remotely resembling this when Brady's in the room.

*waits eagerly for Pollard to crush his collarbone trying to tackle Gronk*

Pollard is the LAST person on planet earth who should whine about safety rules. Seriously, what is it about the Ravens defense that attracts thuggish numbskull types?

Anyone here have any mob connections in South Boston? Bernie Pollard needs to be abducted, have an explosive device with a remote trigger outfitted into his underwear, and then given very specific instructions about steering vastly clear of Brady's vicinity this Sunday.

It really is amazing how you all think these guys just come out and say these things on their own. You do understand that they are responding to questions regarding to these things, right? I'm sure the question to Pollard was something along the lines of what do you think about the rule changes and has it changed your style of play and what do you think of Tom Brady?

These aren't just out of nowhere comments by Pollard or by Flacco earlier in the day.

Most players in that situation sidestep the question or say something very generic that barely, if at all directly answers the question. Athletes in all sports, especially football, do this all the time. On top of that Pollard is a veteran who has been asked not just similar but far more pointed questions in the past.

Sorry, but in my opinion you can't blame the answer on the person who asked the question.

How is it relevant whether the comments are out of nowhere or prompted? It's as simple as this: a-holes make a-hole comments, and the Ravens are second only to the Jets in that category*.

* To be fair, the Jets win because they got Bart Scott.

As a Ravens fan who has watched every game this year, Pollard has played pretty clean and does not seem to do the things that nearly landed his predecessor at SS (Dawan Landry) in a wheelchair. He also hasn't run off at the mouth, which leads me to believe he was baited somewhat.

There is also some validity to what he says since the rule was created as a result of Brady's ACL injury. LT ended Theismann's career and it didn't prompt a rule change. I haven't looked it up, but I'm sure Brady wasn't the first starting qb to get injured like that. None of those guys got the rule change.

Last edited:

A question for Pats fans along those lines: Do you actually believe Pollard's hit on Brady was "cheap"?

He answered poorly then.

He lunged at his knees. It's good that players aren't allowed to go at quarterbacks knees, isn't it?

Do I believe that Pollard intentionally went at Brady's knees? Yes.

Do I believe that Pollard thought about the consequences of his actions? No. He's clearly not that intelligent.

Does that make it a "cheap" shot? No. It makes it a stupid move by an ignorant player.

Was the rule about going at the knees of a QB solely the result of the hit on Brady? No. It wasn't. There were hits on Carson Palmer and Ben Roethlingsberger that also resulted in knee injuries in years prior. The hit on Brady was the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back".

Most players in that situation sidestep the question or say something very generic that barely, if at all directly answers the question. Athletes in all sports, especially football, do this all the time. On top of that Pollard is a veteran who has been asked not just similar but far more pointed questions in the past.

Sorry, but in my opinion you can't blame the answer on the person who asked the question.

Sorry, we don't live in Soviet Boston like the Pats players do. Our players show a little more outward emotion down here. Obviously the Patriots as a team are more reserved in public. It works for the Patriots but that just isn't how the Ravens go about things. Emotion, personality, speaking your mind truthfully and bravado are a little more allowed here and always have been.

Personally, as this is an entertainment industry in the end, it works for Ravens fans. Baltimore will never have a national fan-base so I don't think the organization cares much more than if Maryland likes it.

As a Ravens fan who has watched every game this year, Pollard has played pretty clean and does not seem to do the things that nearly landed his predecessor at SS (Dawan Landry) in a wheelchair. He also hasn't run off at the mouth, which leads me to believe he was baited somewhat.

*ROFLMAO* Baited???? Baited???

I bet you have excuses for all the moronic comments that Ravens' players make.. :bricks:

If Pollard has a problem with Pretty Boys- how would he like it if his son grew up and look like SUGGS :eek:

Last edited:

"Baited." Riiiight.

Sorry, we don't live in Soviet Boston like the Pats players do. Our players show a little more outward emotion down here. Obviously the Patriots as a team are more reserved in public. It works for the Patriots but that just isn't how the Ravens go about things. Emotion, personality, speaking your mind truthfully and bravado are a little more allowed here and always have been.

Personally, as this is an entertainment industry in the end, it works for Ravens fans. Baltimore will never have a national fan-base so I don't think the organization cares much more than if Maryland likes it.

*ROFLMAO* Sorry, but you are becoming a troll with your idiotic comments.

Patriots players show plenty of emotion, personality, and speak their minds truthfully. Just because you are ignorant of that fact doesn't make it any less true.

Do yourself a favor and zip it on things you clearly don't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes