PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bernard Pollard "The NFL won't exist in 20-30 years"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be happy if Pollard didn't exist in the NFL in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 etc.

When you read Pollard's explanation of who cares you realise just how simple he is. Take his comments about the NFL and his son playing for example. #hypocrite

Last edited:
The way he plays, I think he is making a promise.

I don't have too much interest in what Bernard Pollard has to say unless its:

"I'm retiring"

Because by that point he would have ended every football player's career?

This the same chump that tried to break Gronk's ankle?

Does Bernard Pollard still exist? I haven't really heard of anything productive about him on the field since he (now I'm sure of this because he defends bountygate so much) got paid to take out Brady.

Just as we thought, he's a moron!

this reminds me...did anyone listen to felger and mazz last week? I forget what day but felger was talking about..if we find out football causes severe widespread brain damage. (Which we know it does cause it but at what extent)..what is going to happen to the NFL...hundreds of millions of dollars of lawsuits ect..

Kickoffs will be gone next year...what else will happen in say those 20 years..

Last edited:
I've been saying something very similar for about 2 years now, and the past 4 months have done nothing but solidly reinforced my belief:

Thanks to an ever increasing number of lawsuits against the NFL - not to mention the recent high-profile suicide - the NFL as we know it will not exist 20 years from now. We're already hearing rumbles of doing away with kickoffs. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Darned reporters they don't even give us word for word anymore. His full quote was "The NFL won't exist anymore.....if I keep playing."

I've been saying something very similar for about 2 years now, and the past 4 months have done nothing but solidly reinforced my belief:

Thanks to an ever increasing number of lawsuits against the NFL - not to mention the recent high-profile suicide - the NFL as we know it will not exist 20 years from now. We're already hearing rumbles of doing away with kickoffs. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

I still think someone will come up with equipment inventions that will alleviate a lot of this stuff, I think the perfect NFL helmet hasnt been invented yet but someone will come up with something.

I still think someone will come up with equipment inventions that will alleviate a lot of this stuff, I think the perfect NFL helmet hasnt been invented yet but someone will come up with something.

I don't think it will be that easy. Unfortunately there is the thought in the back of my mind that in 20 years there won't be a NFL. Or it will be flag football. I don't think this will be the case..

But with all of these lawsuits...and if the NFL gets steamrolled...idk

this reminds me...did anyone listen to felger and mazz last week? I forget what day but felger was talking about..if we find out football causes severe widespread brain damage. (Which we know it does cause it but at what extent)..what is going to happen to the NFL...hundreds of millions of dollars of lawsuits ect..

Kickoffs will be gone next year...what else will happen in say those 20 years..
Listening to Felger and Mazz will cause much more severe, widespread brain damage than any number of NFL-related concussions... and you're not likely to receive a cent in damages.

please stop insulting the fine,upstanding morons of our country...

Sounds like that particular moron has had multiple concussions himself to boot.

Pollard's version of football is no rules on anything, kill or be killed, safety is for ****ies. Oh wait, Pollard's a safety isn't he?

Well, I'll have a lot more free time in 20-30 years, then.

I don't think such a thing can or will ever be invented. The technology is clearly not keeping up with the increases in player size and speed. Furthermore, it's simple physics: The force of impact on an individual gets larger and larger as the players get bigger and faster. A helmet can only dissipate so much.

I wonder if some ex-gladiators back in the Roman days made a big push for safer swords and tridents? Something brought an end to the colosseum days...oh wait...that's right..turn the other cheek took over the empire...well,anyways...perhaps this cartoonish ogre, Baddell, will propose a merger of the new ,sanitized, no violence NFL with TV's "Dancing With The Stars" and the American public can sit there vegging out on plastic hamburgers, drinking $50 bottles of designer water and breathing O2 from a hose for a buck a breath.

Last edited:
Ahh, Bernard Pollard...the guy who became famous by injuring people more important than himself. A Shane Stant of the NFL if you will.

Also, make the pads less like armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back