Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bernanke trying to cause Inflation

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Dec 14, 2010.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +510 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

The whole reason for Bernanke and the fed employing QEII is because he says we need inflation...that inflation is good. But don't buy that for a minute. Very few in government or in the business arena agree with Bernanke over this.

But perhaps there is a hidden agenda. If inflation were to happen, it would drive up GDP. In other words, it would create the illusion of economic growth even though it would just be inflation causing it. That is not something any American should want.

Bernanke believes Deflation is more dangerous than Inflation...that lowering prices are bad and increasing prices are good. Even though there is no impericle data to support such a belief.

Yes, I think it's time to "End the Fed".

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  2. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Or you can look at it as monetizing the debt, decreasing the value of the debt owed to China and others........

3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +510 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Yes, you're right "if" we ever have inflation. But most don't believe QEII will result in inflation. I'd prefer to see deflation stick around over inflation, but that's just me.

What Bernanke fails to realize is that other nations will react to our policies and do whatever it takes NOT to let the dollar de-value. Why would any country allow the US to get away with that?

The last thing the middle class needs is price increases.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010