Welcome to PatsFans.com

Berlin-Germany: WC Soccer Final Italy-France

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by italian pat patriot, Jul 5, 2006.

1. italian pat patriot

italian pat patriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

ok...so for the first time Italy and France will met each other in the WC soccer final

next sunday

honestly now i hope we will be able to win

and so...: Forza Italia !

2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

la forza italia!

3. italian pat patriot

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

or...Forza Azzurri !

4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,016 / 42 / -31

#24 Jersey

My 2 teams in the finals...what a dream. Well, Italy was my 1st love...I still cringe when I see baggio kicking that ball over the goal, I can't erase that image. If they win, I hope that memory goes away though I doubt it will.

I adopted France as my 2nd love when i was coaching my son's soccer teams. He was a defensive midfielder back then and he fell in Love with France (8 years ago). I could watch zidane play all day long. He has the footwork of many of today's best offensive players but he uses them in a very practical way.

So, my dream game for Sunday will be an Italian victory with Zidane playing one of his best games ever...SO WHAT - YEAH i'M A PIG - I WANT IT ALL :rofl:

Watching Zidane play this world cup has been a treat. He is @80% of what he used to be physically but he has used his tactics to play as effective as ever.

Watching Ronaldo & Figo to name a few, struggle for every breathe and not have that finishing touch left in their body while Zidane controls every game is simply amazing.

My favorite Italy players are Totti, Pirlo & Buffon .... like watching 3 artists at work. Italy is such a balanced team...their defense is amazing.

The idiot announcers on ESPN were raving abou Germany's play early in the game. Not realizing that Italy was so confident of their defense that they were simply letting the Geman's wear themselves out...it was fun to watch.

5. italian pat patriot

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

still two days for a real big event: the final...

at this point i really hope we will win and if it will happens i will go also myself (after 1982...) to celebrate

and, honestly, i am not a big soccer fan

my sport n.1 ? Nfl

my real team ? the Patriots

6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,016 / 42 / -31

#24 Jersey

I am sure Italy will win ... they have the midfield capable of chipping Zidane...he is too good for 1 player to handle...Italy is the most balanced team in the games.

7. italian pat patriot

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

if i have to be honest i'm confident too...
    Italy looks arrived in perfect condition at the 'right' moment

Gattuso should be Zidane men...

let's hope...
    sunday evening i think that in IT and FR at h 21 no cars on the streets (everybody in front of tv...)

today a was in a shop and they sold out all italian flags !

ps = you a very good avatar !

Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  8. italian pat patriot

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Fifa put 7 italian players in the top 23 players of the Soccer Worl Cup.
    Of course Italy was the team that had the majority of the choosen players.

France has 4 and Brazil had only 1...

Let's hope this is a good sign for tomorrow evening game...

9. italian pat patriot

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

2 hours to the game...
    everywhere there are big screens and the people is in tension (here and in France too)

forza azzurri !!!

10. patriotspride

patriotspride Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

im a 100 percent italian american and i am proud to say that soccer su cks and i dont give a sh it .go patriots go redsox go celtics go bruins f the rest

11. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,442 / 15 / -23

#61 Jersey

Go, Italy! For the French to win anything athletic just doesn't seem right.

12. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +711 / 2 / -2

Disable Jersey

I'm supporting France (sorry, but the Azzurri have still cheated and dived (see game against U.S.), though admittedly not as badly as the Portuguese) but I hope it's a great game and, if Italy wins it fair and square (like they did against Germany) I'll be the first to congratulate them.

13. dalero

dalero PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -2

Not a fan of the game but I'm pulling for Italy as well.

14. Mike the Brit

Ratings:
    +711 / 2 / -2

Disable Jersey

To intrude on one soccer thread with childish abuse is discourteous -- to do it twice makes it clear you have a problem. Do us all a favour and go and be a twerp somewhere else.

15. patriotspride

patriotspride Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

:d :d :d Thats The Spirit Mate Lol Lol

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  16. pats-blue

pats-blue Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Speaking of cheating did you see the dive that got the penalty kick for France? I wanted Italy, but now I really want France to lose.

Edit: Beautiful goal by Italy....also Zidaine's goal on the penalty was ballsy....chipping it?

Personally it would be a much more enjoyable game if they would severely penalize diving. I am not a soccer fan, but have found the games in this WC I have watched enjoyable, EXCEPT for the diving, it is stupid. I see someone get carried off on a stretcher and hop up 3 seconds later and run onto the field...that turns me off right there. I mean almost to the point of turning it off, get rid of that crap! Play the game stop being a puss and cheating (because that is what that is...cheating).

17. Mike the Brit

Ratings:
    +711 / 2 / -2

Disable Jersey

Well, I'll have to look at the pen at half-time, but my judgement at present is that the Italian really did make contact (though there's no doubt that the guy made all he could out of it).

Diving is an absolute pest, I agree and it's very hard to eliminate, because it's so hard to tell the difference between a dive and contact in real time. One thing I would favour -- though it will never happen -- is to have more referees on the field at the same time, guys who can really observe what is going on in the penalty area.

I will make a very small defence of this business with the stretchers. Because the game is (supposed to be) continuous, there are rules against someone receiving treatment on the field: if you need treatment, you have to be carried off. So sometimes it's a minor thing and you're back on in a couple of minutes ...

France have obviously got a big aerial problem -- Toni off the crossbar as well as that thumping goal. Italy definitely look favourites at this stage.

[Half-time Edit. Yes, it was a good decision for the penalty -- subtle contact, but real. The French goalkeeper was completely indecisive when the corner came across from which the Italian sgoal was scored -- unless they can do something dramatic at half-time (not easy) they are easy meat for corners and crosses.]

18. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I have watched the replay at half time and am beginning to think it wasn't a penalty. In fairness to the Ref, I thought it was when I first saw it. I think Italy look the better side at this point.

19. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

'Lad's got nowt in t'bonce.

20. pats-blue

pats-blue Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I would agree that when it happened...full speed I thought it was a penalty also...I wasn't faulting the ref in this one.

The Italian player hit the BACK of the French players calf...last time I checked that doesn't make you trip...in fact the French player was already pulling his legs back "starting" to do his flop..IMO.

Edit. Again, I don't really follow soccer, so it is only my opinion, that may be the rule if you touch someone at all in the box it is a penalty kick. I defer to those that follow and play the game, just an outsiders opinion.