PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BenJarvis Green-Ellis looks like the real deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the game thread I pointed out that BJGE dragged Pouha into the endzone with him to get his first TD, and mentioned that Pouha weighed 300 pounds.

I was wrong, he weighs 325.

When he was consistently hitting the hole, pushing the pile and getting positive yards today, I said to my wife.. "Remember Lawrence Maroney??"

he has great vision he sees the hole and hits it fast

BJGE made me a believer last year. And something he showed tonight was PATIENCE. The idea that you have to always hit the hole HARD is wrong. There was on play were he stopped and the Jets defender flew by him, then BJGE ran up field for a nice 6 yard gain. Had he not stopped, he'd have been hit for a 4 yard loss.

BJGE is the real deal. Contrary to that goof JetFan1's opinion. The real deal = guy who is a feature back. Also, BJGE hasn't fumbled in over 1500 carries going back to High School..

BJ was great starting two seasons ago, ppl who are only noticing or agreeing now just havent been paying attention

The Maroney and BJGE factions. I wanted that Phony Maroney POS gone.

Maroney clearly would have rushed for 300 yds today:eek::cool::)

Love the way he plays,rarely runs for negative yards,does not fumble.....whats not to like????

BJGE ran very, very well today. He runs hard, has good vision, and doesn't turn over the rock. That's just the grind it out kind of performance you want to see out of your RB. Because when you get to the playoffs that's what you need to finish out games. I also liked that the Pats offense was able to eat up clock to seal the game. BJGE + Ridley looks like our Thunder and Lightning combo. Good to have two good backs you can count on. And when Woodhead comes back he will just add more versatility to the mix. Law Firm is a quality NFL RB. Let's give him his props today.

There are a plethora of BJGE detractors on this board, but have always liked this kid..

Cannot find anything not to like..

Right now killin the clock..

BJGE made me a believer last year. And something he showed tonight was PATIENCE. The idea that you have to always hit the hole HARD is wrong. There was on play were he stopped and the Jets defender flew by him, then BJGE ran up field for a nice 6 yard gain. Had he not stopped, he'd have been hit for a 4 yard loss.

BJGE is the real deal. Contrary to that goof JetFan1's opinion. The real deal = guy who is a feature back. Also, BJGE hasn't fumbled in over 1500 carries going back to High School..

I love the 2 TE formation with BJGE instead of Woodhead (and I really like Woodhead). It gives them so many options.

In the game thread I pointed out that BJGE dragged Pouha into the endzone with him to get his first TD, and mentioned that Pouha weighed 300 pounds.

I was wrong, he weighs 325.

After that play my rather hefty friend (probably close to 3 bills) offered to let me have the "NFL experience" of dragging a lineman into the end zone. I wisely declined.

BJGE is steady, reliable, consistent and protects the ball like few can. Yet some jack wagon's just last week (on this board) were ready to give his carries to Ridley after Ridley had a (as in ONE) good game against the Raiders. I hope Ridley ends up being a great RB for us, but BJGE never has and apparently never will get the credit and respect he deserves.

BJGE gets the "meh" response and Edelman is everyone's boy wonder. Go figure.

yeah...BUT ....BUT...BUT...what about LaClassyton??????? He averaged 6.5 yards a carry today!!!! I wanted to get a classy autograph after the game but he disappeared....he WAS there today...as his 13 yards rushing will attest...man,wish WE had a player like that. JetFan1 is so right, he's FAR from LaDone-ington...the Jets should sign him for three more years at 10 million a year...that would be the shining "STEAL!!!!!!!" amidst all those wondrous Jet "STEALS!!!!!"

Last edited:
Maybe BJGE doesn't have the explosiveness of AP, CJ, DMac, etc, but the dude has incredible patience and consistently makes the most of what's there. I'd happily trade their "elite" big-play ability for BJGE's sure hands.

My absolute favorite LawFirm plays involve his uncanny ability to make it back to the line of scrimmage even when the run blocking is blown up. This is a wonderful contrast to the days when, with Maroney, you could take -3 to the bank on broken run plays. My wife is completely mystified when I celebrate 2nd and 10. :D

Plus, both LawFirm's TD runs today were beastly.

Look, when you throw the ball fewer times than you rush it and still rack up 321 passing yards against the Jets, you're not looking for that "home run-hitter" at running back. BJGE is 100% *perfect* for this team.

he just keeps improving. RBs tend to fall off. He gets better.

Interesting- I didn't know his best bench was 24. Ridley's is 18. Both of them are 5'11, and Ridley has about five more pounds, but has two inches on BJGE in vertical leap which confirms to me that Ridley's prime talent is his acceleration and explosion, not his overall speed (he actually has a lower 40 time than BJGE).

I wonder if he is still 220 pounds, he looks bigger than Ridley. Maybe 230? Michael Turner is 245.

Last edited:
BenJarvis was very impressive yesterday. I hard, well earned game by him. Consistency will be the key going forward..

Not enough burst to become an elite QB but he and Ridley will be the difference between a first round exit or a deep playoff run.

Run the ball like today and we won't be beat, even if Brady and the pass protection are having an off day.

Right, Elite to fans means went to a big school, had gaudy statistics, maybe won a trophy like the Heisman, drafted in the first round and out of the NFL in three seasons.... If you want that, find another team, we don't do that here if you hadn't noticed.

BJGE is a real story and so many PATS fans just want to ignore it because he did not come out of a big school or a winning program. You need to read his entire story and remember that this guy was undrafted, came in as a free agent and has PLAYED his way to first string. He's never been injured. He never fumbles. He's got a real nose for the end zone when the PATS get close. He can pick up the blitz the best of all PATS running backs. he's a real team guy, not an "I" guy like so many. The man defines quiet competency as well as toughness. This is the guy I want on MY team, not Reggie Bush, Tomlison, Schon Greene, Arian Foster, Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw or some other over rated schmo.

We should embrace Benny because he is our kind of guy. Do it!

I love the guy and was happy when they resigned him. I hope he is a Pat as long as he can continue to perform just the way that he has. With that said, I also wouldn't mind him sharing the backfield with Ridley. That kid needs to keep getting touches and gaining confidence in his ability in the NFL. Those two and Woodhead will make a devastating 1-2-3 combination.

Right, Elite to fans means went to a big school, had gaudy statistics, maybe won a trophy like the Heisman, drafted in the first round and out of the NFL in three seasons.... If you want that, find another team, we don't do that here if you hadn't noticed.

BJGE is a real story and so many PATS fans just want to ignore it because he did not come out of a big school or a winning program. You need to read his entire story and remember that this guy was undrafted, came in as a free agent and has PLAYED his way to first string. He's never been injured. He never fumbles. He's got a real nose for the end zone when the PATS get close. He can pick up the blitz the best of all PATS running backs. he's a real team guy, not an "I" guy like so many. The man defines quiet competency as well as toughness. This is the guy I want on MY team, not Reggie Bush, Tomlison, Schon Greene, Arian Foster, Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw or some other over rated schmo.

We should embrace Benny because he is our kind of guy. Do it!

So you can't embrace him without saying BJGE is an elite player??

And your first sentence makes no sense whatsoever. Arian Foster was undrafted. Curtis Martin was a 3rd rounder. Terrelle Davis a 5th... the list goes on. They were all elite RB's at some point. BJGE is not that and doubt he ever will be. Am I saying he needs to be upgraded? Not at all, the team has more pressing needs at the time.

The 'I don't want a RB with a so called attitude' argument should have been put to rest the very first time we watched Dillon against the Colts first week of the '04 season. Check his performance that year to see what a more complete runner can do in this offense. Look we all love BJGE but there's homerism and then there's borderline insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back