PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BenJarvis Green-Ellis looks like the real deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have said this already.

But

PAY THE MAN

Its time to give him a nice contract

BJGE Was AWESOME Today. Played like a top featured back. I thought when BB gave'da ball to Ridley early on it killed momentum. Ridley is nice but Ellis was clearly a better fit against Jets D. Glad to see him pick right up where he left off. Glad for him, a hard worker.
GO PATS!

BTW...I loved the ...lawfirm..hiding in the flats :p...
works like a charm every time LOL

Today we proved that even when you know we are going to run it... we can still run it.

That is a big thing when your passing game is as strong as ours. great game today by Benny. One of the best games i have seen from him and deserved to get 20+ carries and showed why he is the pats #1 back.

He's the most underrated player in the NFL. Great game by Benny.

I agree. It seems that more than any other back in the NFL, he has to endlessly prove his worth... even to his own fans (that's very obvious)

Now on that touchdown we almost saw too much of him-Some needs to get the boy a tighter belt:eek:

He's such a BB player, a workhorse, not flashy but gets the job done and NEVER fumbles.
His cutbacks are great, it looks so often as though he's going to the outside for a loss, only to cut back in and with a second effort get 3/4 yards.
Get guy to have in the backfield.

As I have said in another thread that was the best I have seen ellis play this season, but let's not forget about the lads that were putting the blocks in to allow him to run.

Great game by BJGE today.

He seems a bit stronger and quicker to me than last season.

Ran hard today, played like a beast.

Hopefully he can keep it up.

Last edited:
He hasnt got elite speed but hes got his role. Really underrated in my view. Always gets his 3-4 yards, keeps his feet going and never fumbles. Thats good enough for me. We have Ridley with more burst to fill other roles.

Last edited:
He pretty much sealed the win. That last drive was a thing of beauty.

He hasnt got elite speed but hes got his role. Really underrated in my view. Always gets his 3-4 yards, keeps his feet going and never fumbles. Thats good enough for me. We have Ridley with more burst to fill other roles.

Also incredible lower body strength, keeps pushing which usually results in positive yards.. have liked this kid from the onset, and now liking him more than ever.

Great smile also.. seems to really love the game.

He did a great job turning ugly looking plays into 1 and 2 yd gains. The coaches love him because he always gets positive yards and doesn't fumble. That being said, the offensive line was blowing gigantic holes in that Jets D all day.

Thank goodness they eventually stopped those early stretch and off tackle run plays with him. Save those for Ridley and let BJGE run north and south.

BJGE won us the game today on his reliability. the recieving core should follow his example.

Big big backs like Michael Turner etc don't have elite speed either ;). BenJarvus is quietly going about his business.

I like the mix the Patriots are developing in the backfield for the very reason you mentioned.

Last edited:
i hope he don't fumble now. Please no.

Why in the WORLD would you be thinking this when the Law Firm runs ?!? Instead of that kind of negative energy just wish for him to get big yards! He never fumbles so DO NOT send negative energy his way!

Solid, consistent play. That is what we can expect from BJGE, game in, game out. Not "elite" as in the AP category, but I would take his consistency over most of the backs in the league. We haven't see clock killing runs like that since Corey Dillon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back