PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bengals WR Kelley Washington compliments Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good ol prospect profiles always interesting to take a look at:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/washington_kelley

"ANALYSIS
Positives: Explosive breakaway threat with impressive leaping ability … Explodes coming off the line and uses his hands well to escape press coverage … Has an array of moves to elude defenders and shows proper crack-block techniques upfield … Sharp route-runner who is especially effective on underneath passes and crossing patterns … Has good field awareness and is very conscious of the sideline markers … Separates quickly from the defender in the open, showing that second gear needed to gain yardage after the catch … Natural hand extender going up for the ball and shows fluid body adjustments coming back for the off-target tosses … Very tough and physical going for the ball in a crowd … His upfield acceleration consistently allows him to break tackles … Gets in the defender's way when trying to block for the ground game.

Negatives: Concentration on the ball needs improvement, as he does not always get his head turned around properly to track the ball in flight … Hesitates at times when he can't escape the press at the line, seeming to give up when his initial move does not work … While he shows quickness in and out of his breaks, he will run sloppy routes late in the game (tends to run out of gas) … Rash of injuries (back, knee, head) are a concern. "

As for production, keep in mind:

Caldwell's first 4 seasons in league:
76 catches, 950 yards, 7 TD

Washington's first 4 seasons in league:
72 catches, 893 yards, 9 TD

Caldwell's season with Pats:
61 catches, 760 yards, 4 TD

Last edited:
I'd take a shot on him IF his health checks out. Otherwise we'd be wasting a roster spot on a guy that will go down midway during training camp. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Good ol prospect profiles always interesting to take a look at:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/washington_kelley

"ANALYSIS
Positives: Explosive breakaway threat with impressive leaping ability … Explodes coming off the line and uses his hands well to escape press coverage … Has an array of moves to elude defenders and shows proper crack-block techniques upfield … Sharp route-runner who is especially effective on underneath passes and crossing patterns … Has good field awareness and is very conscious of the sideline markers … Separates quickly from the defender in the open, showing that second gear needed to gain yardage after the catch … Natural hand extender going up for the ball and shows fluid body adjustments coming back for the off-target tosses … Very tough and physical going for the ball in a crowd … His upfield acceleration consistently allows him to break tackles … Gets in the defender's way when trying to block for the ground game.

Negatives: Concentration on the ball needs improvement, as he does not always get his head turned around properly to track the ball in flight … Hesitates at times when he can't escape the press at the line, seeming to give up when his initial move does not work … While he shows quickness in and out of his breaks, he will run sloppy routes late in the game (tends to run out of gas) … Rash of injuries (back, knee, head) are a concern. "

As for production, keep in mind:

Caldwell's first 4 seasons in league:
76 catches, 950 yards, 7 TD

Washington's first 4 seasons in league:
72 catches, 893 yards, 9 TD

Caldwell's season with Pats:
61 catches, 760 yards, 4 TD

Thanks for the flashback, BM. I was pissed that the patsies threw away a 4th-round pick to move up 5 spots to draft Bethel. I, too, wanted Washington; I thought that Anquan Boldin's slow 40 (4.6) would prevent him from gaining consistent separation in the pros. I loved his smarts (a 31 Wonderlic) and toughness, but didn't see him as a (late)2nd-round value. Whoops.

A caveat on Washington: even when healthy, he suffered from lapses in concentration, which resulted in sloppy routes and occasional drops. Still, if he could ever get it together...

i saw alot of his college games, and he's got talent, no doubt. but, the injury bug was naggin at him throughout school, and now in the pros. worth a shot, but only at vet min. i really liked what i saw out of gaffney this year, and i think he's gonna surprise alot of us next season...i hope:confused:

Perfect Pats type candidate. Respected as a football player, but for one reason or another (depth/injuries/other) isn't out there putting up numbers. I'd be surprised if the Pats don't at least make an attempt at signing this cat.

Perfect Pats type candidate. Respected as a football player, but for one reason or another (depth/injuries/other) isn't out there putting up numbers. I'd be surprised if the Pats don't at least make an attempt at signing this cat.

Seems like a typical Pats signing. Low risk, good value, high upside.

You heard it here first in my post :rocker:

Whose Brady's favorite reciever now? There will surely be more than 1 reciever open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes