PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bengals Week - Things could get ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Not only is Cincinatti a good team, they are coming off a bye week, while the pats have a short week. The Bengals are well rested, while NE has to turn things around within the next day and focus on their next opponent. The good thing is we don't get them in their stadium, which is always a difficult place to play. Also we are getting Browner back. Things might get worse for this team before it gets better.

Let's try to keep our heads up. A good week at practice and you never know. I wouldn't count it as a lose yet.

Let's try to keep our heads up. A good week at practice and you never know. I wouldn't count it as a lose yet.

not saying it's a loss, but there's less time time to practice than say our opponent who has had twice as much time.

People have called me crazy already and I'm probably just a homer, but I'm calling a blowout win over the Bengals. There I said it. :cool:

At least they're at home so I would like to think they would show more pride than last night, especially on defense...

not saying it's a loss, but there's less time time to practice than say our opponent who has had twice as much time.
I agree they do have more practice time but you gotta think they are playing in NE at night so it's gonna be cold. The patriots are hopefully gonna be fired up and ready to go.

Would it be worth giving Tyms a shot this week? The pats need receivers to make plays and he made plays in the preseason. I wonder if BB will go with more of a blitzing man coverage scheme with Browner back and moving Logan Ryan to the slot corner. Call this a hunch but I think the Pats will win this game.

Would it be worth giving Tyms a shot this week? The pats need receivers to make plays and he made plays in the preseason. I wonder if BB will go with more of a blitzing man coverage scheme with Browner back and moving Logan Ryan to the slot corner. Call this a hunch but I think the Pats will win this game.

Who do you cut to make room for the guy who had a couple of nice catches in the preseason ?

don't bet against the pats......ever

the pats were just as lifeless as they were ineffective last night.

the question is whether this team is really like that....this team is in need of emotion, and if they don't have it, it is time to turn the page

With this offense the question is not "who do you cut", it's "who do you keep?"

You are avoiding the question.

Let me make it easier for you. Do you think Tyms is an improvement over KT, Dobson or LaFell ? Because those are the only three realistic options. Edelman and Slater are obviously safe and given how Amendola was active for each of the games irrespective of his involvement makes me think he is safe as well.

Considering draft capital and salaries this leaves us with KT or Tyms.

I don't think we can afford to cut another position to carry yet another WR that will most probably be inactive.

Cut Amendola ha!

Things are already ugly. They just lost by almost 4 touchdowns on Monday Night Football.

If we go into the game with the same ****-gamplanning, yeah it will be ugly.

BUT, if we go about this and actually ATTACK their weakness, we can win this game.

You are avoiding the question.

Let me make it easier for you. Do you think Tyms is an improvement over KT, Dobson or LaFell ? Because those are the only three realistic options. Edelman and Slater are obviously safe and given how Amendola was active for each of the games irrespective of his involvement makes me think he is safe as well.

Considering draft capital and salaries this leaves us with KT or Tyms.

I don't think we can afford to cut another position to carry yet another WR that will most probably be inactive.
Despite the mediocrity that mans the WR position, I think it is blind optimism to suggest a guy who made a few grabs against scrubs in preseason and has not played in a month is going to immediately leapfrog not only Boyce on the PS but someone on the active roster. They will do nothing for a week because they have an exemption. After that he will be most likely released. The more realistic question is whether you would release someone from the PS to sign him.

Despite the mediocrity that mans the WR position, I think it is blind optimism to suggest a guy who made a few grabs against scrubs in preseason and has not played in a month is going to immediately leapfrog not only Boyce on the PS but someone on the active roster. They will do nothing for a week because they have an exemption. After that he will be most likely released. The more realistic question is whether you would release someone from the PS to sign him.

I agree completely.

Which is why I was curious who you wanted to cut when you suggested to give Tyms a shot. In terms of PS, I am not sure if we can smuggle him there, after flashing a bit in preseason he might be claimed by someone. And even if we could I am not sure if we value him higher than Boyce. In a nutshell, I don't think Tyms matters that much in the grand scheme of things.

I agree completely.

Which is why I was curious who you wanted to cut when you suggested to give Tyms a shot. In terms of PS, I am not sure if we can smuggle him there, after flashing a bit in preseason he might be claimed by someone. And even if we could I am not sure if we value him higher than Boyce. In a nutshell, I don't think Tyms matters that much in the grand scheme of things.
We agree. The problems are not at the periphery of the roster.

Who do you cut to make room for the guy who had a couple of nice catches in the preseason ?

Pick any of the receivers except Edelmen. Cut any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes