PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bengals waive slot WR Jordan Shipley

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I don't think the Pats would be interested in Jordan because I don't think they have room on the roster and there is a good chance that he won't be anywhere near 100% until 2013 so he would probably be on the shelf for a year coming back slowly from ACL surgery.

The Bengals fans named him the 'next Wes Welker' after his 600 yard season in 2010.....he is a very talented slot receiver coming off a serious injury,but more important,he's a big risk.

Last edited:
I agree. The Pats have to be selective about where they take their chances. They've already used one on Jake Ballard. Shipley had a good rookie season, spent last year on IR, and is not yet recovered. It would be very surprising to me, and an extremely aggressive move, to see the Pats try to pick him up at this point.

I don't think the Pats would be interested in Jordan because I don't think they have room on the roster and there is a good chance that he won't be anywhere near 100% until 2013 so he would probably be on the shelf for a year coming back slowly from ACL surgery.

The Bengals fans named him the 'next Wes Welker' after his 600 yard season in 2010.....he is a very talented slot receiver coming off a serious injury,but more important,he's a big risk.

White, short, agile... lets sign him and then we will have Edelman, Ebert and him that's 3 Wes Welker's right?

We just need to find 3 black, strong, fat guys and we'll have 4 Wilforks too.

If I didn't think his knees were shot I'd love to see him on the roster (and eventually our IR for this year). But sadly I think this guy blew out both knees in college, had problems coming back from it then, then blew out a knee again in the pros, and is having trouble coming back from his third knee reconstruction.

He has ton of talent, but unfortunately I think his health has decided his career path for him. :(

Since it's still early, Shipley may end up on the Bengals IR.

If I didn't think his knees were shot I'd love to see him on the roster (and eventually our IR for this year). But sadly I think this guy blew out both knees in college, had problems coming back from it then, then blew out a knee again in the pros, and is having trouble coming back from his third knee reconstruction.

He has ton of talent, but unfortunately I think his health has decided his career path for him. :(

FWIW, he actually was granted a sixth year of eligibility by the NCAA.

He's older than Edelman, with a year less NFL experience.

He was my draft binky ... could we sign him for the practice squad - is that allowed?

If we sign Shipley, how many threads are we going to see about Edelman's career as a Patriot coming to an end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down