PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bengals sign Antonio Bryant 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
the solution (boldin) was staring the pats in the face...they could have paid him, too since moss ain't going to be here after 2010

but for whatever reason they passed, so at some point this summer, you'll probably see a scramble for the 2010 version of reche caldwell

Mason AND Bryant off the market in the same day? This sucks, FA did absolutely nothing for us this year unfortunately. This was just a thin year for good FAs period.

It's pretty bad when things like this have you hoping your team signs Josh Reed...

I actually answered you in the other thread, but I'll do again. First and foremost, one would not have to give up a first round pick for Terrell Owens. Whereas Owens might be a cancer, he has a lot of leadership on this team and I'd be willing to take my chances that it wouldn't happen like that, especially on a one year deal (which is my preference in signing Owens). On top of that, Owens track record in his first year with a team is excellent. He could have gone after the organization in Buffahole last year, especially with it's QB situation, but he didn't. On top of that, for one year at minimum dollars, it's a low risk-high reward situation. Should he be a good boy and play at the level he is still capable of, the team has what would be the best receiving corps at all time with a GOAT candidate QB whose hand weighs a few extra pounds from the three Super Bowl rings he has throwing to them. Should he act up, he can be deactivated/cut and kept away from the team just as easily as he was signed. ON TOP of all of this, Terrell Owens is not one domestic disturbance call away from a long-term suspension like Mr. Marshall is.

I appreciate your response but do you honestly believe Owens would behave? What if we start 2-3 and he has 1 TD catch and Moss is getting all the catches? He will pout and you know it. As for him being an angel in Buffalo...Are you kidding? The dude laughed on the field at his QB whenever he threw an errant pass toward him. The dude called out Trent Edwards. The dude indirectly poked fun at the team with his stupid smirk he would put on his face during Q&A and just say "I just run da plays" or whatever the hell he said. If you mistake that for being a good team player, than I suppose we have a different opinion on that.

You are right about Marshall being a domestic dispute away from a suspension. That makes getting Marshall very risky. But Marshall isn't known to be an on field/lockerroom cancer the way Owens is. His problems stem off field, and to me those problems are probably more curable than Owens'. Marshall can be helped with maturity and guidance. TO's issues are different. He has been consistent throughout his career and every team he has been with. He won't change. He hasn't change, and I think it's hilarious that every year someone and some team think they will be the ones to change him.

Owens is a "me" player and I'm not sure why you think he has the leadership qualities we need in the Pats lockerroom?? Leaders don't call out their QBs, leaders dont destroy lockerrooms. TO does.

Mason AND Bryant off the market in the same day? This sucks, FA did absolutely nothing for us this year unfortunately. This was just a thin year for good FAs period.

It's pretty bad when things like this have you hoping your team signs Josh Reed...

Bryant being off hte market makes me feel nice. Hell, I'd rather have Owens than Bryant and I've made my opinion of Owens pretty well known.

Bryant has an attitude problem, knee issues AND he SUCKS at running routes. And when I say he sucks at running routes, I mean he SUCKS. Not sure why so many here want him? Galloway couldn't run his routes well here, why would we want someone who just came from a similar system Galloway came from? Especially one that couldnt even run routes in that system like Bryant?

His being off the markey and to another team is terrific in my opinion.

I was wondering how the Bengals were going to keep OchoCinco, TO, Bryant and Benson all enough touches to keep them all content. For $8 million, that problem has been solved.

That's crazy mismanagement. Only having to eat about 1/3 of his salary is OK, but to dish out a relatively big contract like that and let him go 6 months later is terrible.

On another note, I remember pushing for the Pats to sign him at the start of free agency. Very happy that didn't work out.

Nothing like banking 7mill without playing a down, hey guys now we can sign him for cheap :D

Reading this thread is hilarious. All the gloom and doom about our receiving corp, the hope by many that we would sign TO...

now many regard our receiving corp as our strongest group!

Reading this thread is hilarious. All the gloom and doom about our receiving corp, the hope by many that we would sign TO...

now many regard our receiving corp as our strongest group!

Such is the nature of this board, a constant roller coaster of emotions. One week we're going to be more dominant than 07, then after W3 Preseason we're going to get blown out of every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes