Bengals Receivers for the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
All,

Question for ya.

First, let me say that the Bengals are loaded at WR. They seem to know talent at WR when they see it.

Right now they have the following WRs, all of whom have showed some level of excellence: Chad Johnson, TJ, Henry, Tab Perry, McNeal, Brazell, K. Washington, and A. Chapman.

The first four listed should make the team.

If K. Washington doesn't make the team, would he be worth picking up, if somebody else doesn't? What about McNeal, Brazell, or Chapman? Anybody have some insight??? Thanks in advance.

I say we trade for TJ Houshmanzillah...sign me up!! Championship!!

In case you didn't catch it, that was a NFL FF reference.

huskeralk said:

Despite my love of Chad Johnson as a player (I wanted the Pats to draft him badly after having watched him in college), Houshmanzadeh is the guy I'd love to snag off that roster for the Pats. His toughness and ability to make tough catches with guys draped on him would be a great fit for the team, and easily replace what Givens gave us and more.

huskeralk said:

T.J. Who'sYourMomma?

huskeralk said:

That is my absolute favorite commercial.. I laugh every time that I see it.

"Championship!!!!!"

Last edited:
Chad Jackson introduced him that way when he was introducing the offense on tv last night, it was pretty funny.

The Bengals are definitely noy going to let go of Johnson or Whosyourmomma. The guy I think makes the most sense is Antonio Chapman.

Last edited:
This is what one of my Bengal friends has to say:

"Chapman probably makes the Bengals as a punt returner unless they decide to go with Ratliff.

Brazell was an NCAA champion in the 100 meter hurdles and had about 3 catches in college since he concentrated on track. He can fly and made a nice catch last night for a TD. McNeal was the Texas A&M QB last year and is a great athlete. Those two are rookie projects, but have tons of potential. If you're looking for WR this year, it'd be tough.

Washington would be the best if he's released. I like him, but I get the feeling he's going to be the odd man out."

Antonio Chatman is better than he is given credit for being. I would rather have him than Kelly Washington. Washington may make catches in preseason, but he disappears in the season. Chatman shines when the pressure is on. He's a gamer. He had the misfortune of working for the morons who currently run the Packers.

Bostonian1962 said:
This is what one of my Bengal friends has to say:

"Chapman probably makes the Bengals as a punt returner unless they decide to go with Ratliff.

Brazell was an NCAA champion in the 100 meter hurdles and had about 3 catches in college since he concentrated on track. He can fly and made a nice catch last night for a TD. McNeal was the Texas A&M QB last year and is a great athlete. Those two are rookie projects, but have tons of potential. If you're looking for WR this year, it'd be tough.

Washington would be the best if he's released. I like him, but I get the feeling he's going to be the odd man out."

If Chapman isn't released I bet the Pats could get him in a trade for a low round pick, similar to Andre Davis last year. The Bengals should gain from that because they have other players who can step into his role.

McNeal wont be cut. Washington is someone i might take a look at..all potential in the world..but a bust thus far.

Remix 6 said:
McNeal wont be cut. Washington is someone i might take a look at..all potential in the world..but a bust thus far.

Doesn't he have some kind of chronic medical condition?

I agree with those who like Chatman the most of the possible WR cuts in Cincy. He is better than most of what the Pats are putting out there now, and I think he could produce very well with Brady throwing to him. I'm keeping my eye on his situation. Not really interested in Washington, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes