PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bengals paying for draft miseries - Cincy Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

DynastyDriven

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070928/SPT03/709280326/1035

At this point, I don't know whether to sympathize with the Bengals or stick it to them.

This is not the week in which they want to be measured against the New England Patriots. The Men, as we call them, are pretty much depleted - uncommonly so, for so early in the season. And the Patriots, well, they're not.

The Patriots lead the NFL in offense. They also lead the league in defense. And the Bengals, well, they don't.

In the offseason, the Patriots signed Adalius Thomas, the ferocious linebacker from Baltimore, as a free agent. The Bengals, in spite of many helpful suggestions along those lines, didn't. They went instead for Ed Hartwell. And cut him.

thats one harsh article...

She's tough

Yeah but at least the Carson Palmer thing panned out... I mean, what did they use on Akili Smith? Sixth pick or something?

Tough luck with the draft picks.

From the article: "The offensive line is a tag team."

Like last year, Carson is going to spend a lot of time on his backside.

Regards,
Chris

Mike Brown/Marvin Lewis placed their franchise at risk when they made the conscious decision to draft players of unquestioned ability, but also of questionable, if not downright unsavory, character. This risk has been amplified by using first-day selections that consume a not-insignificant amount of salary cap room. I seem to recall a saying about reaping what one sows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes