PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bengals Comments...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contrast Lewis' inept MANAGEMENT response to LB injuries with BB elevating Eckle from the PS once Maroney was unavailable. First BB was prepared, having a player on the PS and second he DID something proactive, bringing him onto the 53.

The team made Chad Johnson one of its leaders. He's a selfish, me first guy who once went after his position coach during halftime of a game because he wasn't getting touches and couldn't do one of his lame dance routines. A game that the offense was playing well. A game the Bengals were winning. On the road. IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!

In response the team has given him a big contract and marketed him at every turn.

With a guy like him as the face of the franchise, is there any doubt the team is selfish?

I was very curious about this! Yes, Cinci has suffered a rash of LB injuries. But is it really so different from the days when Earthwind Moreland and Hank Poteat were suiting up in the Patriots secondary? You don't just show up without players! Where's the Bengals' "shadow roster"???

This is what I was thinking when the game started and the mediots started talking about the Bengals only having four LB's for this game. I thought to mysef why the hell didn't they at least sign some street free agents for this week so they wouldn't be so paper thin at the position? Seriously that's a major coaching/FO mistake and it only speaks to how pathetic that team is run. Do any of you think BB would even think about entering a game with only four LB's?

Last edited:
Firstly...making those moves ALL the time..which BB does ALL the time game after game..is WHY the Pats are where they are..why BB is a genius..and looking at ALL the details is just what a coach should do. It seems others are inept or do NOT get it..and just hope they don't get caught with their pants down..I wondered that as well..and laughed when I heard they only had 4...Four??? No preperation..
And what happened afterwords?? Lewis looks really bad..not championship material now..maybe CHAD is looking for a place to go...hmmmm

The team made Chad Johnson one of its leaders. He's a selfish, me first guy who once went after his position coach during halftime of a game because he wasn't getting touches and couldn't do one of his lame dance routines. A game that the offense was playing well. A game the Bengals were winning. On the road. IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!

In response the team has given him a big contract and marketed him at every turn.

With a guy like him as the face of the franchise, is there any doubt the team is selfish?

Well, OK, but I think there's little doubt BB loves Chad Johnson and if it could be worked out, I bet Johnson would be a Patriot. And I think BB would let Chad be Chad. But because we are a winning franchise, it wouldn't get out of control (like going after position coaches).

Lewis before the game "We got 4 TALENTED LBs, we good to go. They are healthy and we should be fine"
"OMG i need to get more players after this game!!!"

BB before the game " We got 8 LBs, hmm i need to get a few more. then train them up just in case."
"Seau and Vrabel, get in there and play TE and FB for fun"

Well, OK, but I think there's little doubt BB loves Chad Johnson and if it could be worked out, I bet Johnson would be a Patriot. And I think BB would let Chad be Chad. But because we are a winning franchise, it wouldn't get out of control (like going after position coaches).

Would he allow him to be on the team if he were willing to buy into the program that is in place and follow the lead of the team leaders in the locker room? Yes.

BB would never allow a Chad Johnson to come in and be the leader of his football team.

"Nowhere in the NFL do guys act like this. We've got to figure this out."

Is Herm kidding? He's drafted and signed enough bad apples to fill up a wing at Cedar Junction and he's stumped as to why his team "acts like this"? Hey Herm, you reap what you sow.

"Nowhere in the NFL do guys act like this. We've got to figure this out."

Is Herm kidding? He's drafted and signed enough bad apples to fill up a wing at Cedar Junction and he's stumped as to why his team "acts like this"? Hey Herm, you reap what you sow.

Ummmm....I'll give you the benefit of the doubt this you made this mistake because they're both emotional and overrated coaches, not because they're both black coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes