PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Benching Welker - Setting the tone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Benching Welker- Pathetic

But at least we got a mid first round pick for Seymour. Didnt need him tonight. Brandon Deaderick is not the solution to Seymour. This thing stunk all week, I just felt it in my bones. Benching Welk was just a bad move. I have pulled the BB is god and does no wrong car back in the garage after a short test drive, and am deciding to drive the question every move the coach makes car until our next title. The man gets a pass for everything, and local media gives him no heat, meanwhile fata$$ in the sweater vest lives on A 10000 degree media firepit everyday of his life and somehow manages to push through. This whole week has been awful.

Benching Welker had nothing to do with the loss. Benching him proves BB plays no favorites, if you go against orders you sit no matter who you are.

A logical response from a regular. It's always amazing to see these posts after a huge loss. Win or lose, it will always be the Patriots way. 3.2.1. BB sucks, trade Brady, Welker, etc. Get a grip!

BB sucks, trade Brady,Welker. etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

I am starting to wonder the same. I don't know Welker's trade value but no way he could go straight up for Calvin.

Welker is underpaid so he has value..Add a 2nd round pick. All I see with Edelman is heart and plays anytime the ball is in his hand. He will get better with reps. Welker is nicer with routes and hands but older. Welker also has more trade value cos he is proven and has the stats.

Why do you guys have to have something to blame? The players did not execute, thats the whole smoking gun, too many mistakes, you can make a couple a game depending on what the other team does but there were way too many kistakes tonight, Brady being off was the biggest but blame goes all around.

As a fan I need to rationalize this loss in a way that next year if we are in the same situation, I will have a reason to think that the outcome will be different. Somebody has to go and we need some new people In.

I am starting to wonder the same. I don't know Welker's trade value but no way he could go straight up for Calvin.

Welker is underpaid so he has value..Add a 2nd round pick. All I see with Edelman is heart and plays anytime the ball is in his hand. He will get better with reps. Welker is nicer with routes and hands but older. Welker also has more trade value cos he is proven and has the stats.

Welker is nothing special without a freak athlete running fly route sprints down the field to open things up for him.... Wonder where the patriots could get one of those?

Welker is nothing special without a freak athlete running fly route sprints down the field to open things up for him.... Wonder where the patriots could get one of those?

Lions. CJ wants out. he is just being as professional as can be.

As a fan I need to rationalize this loss in a way that next year if we are in the same situation, I will have a reason to think that the outcome will be different. Somebody has to go and we need some new people In.

There will be new players next year and some high draft picks, lets hope they show up for the playoffs and Brady doesnt have his head up his sphincter.

All this crap about the lack of a deep threat whill somewhat true it's still mostly false.

are you all forgetting that hte jets have one is the top CBs in the game in Revis and they had him locking down on branch and ANYTHING going deep.

and Cromatie is not exacly terrible either.

I hope this loss thins the herd on the bandwagon cause i hate when it gets extra full

All this crap about the lack of a deep threat whill somewhat true it's still mostly false.

are you all forgetting that hte jets have one is the top CBs in the game in Revis and they had him locking down on branch and ANYTHING going deep.

and Cromatie is not exacly terrible either.

I hope this loss thins the herd on the bandwagon cause i hate when it gets extra full

Dude. We don't have a deep thread. Tate and Brady don't seem to connect. I don't know who is to blame.

The reaction of Patriots nation is as usual....what is pathetic.

Benching Welker for a few plays did not cost the Pats the game. Now if you want to blame Bill for allowing a really stupid decision on special teams....a fake punt with less than 5 minutes to go in the first half which ended up giving the Jets all the momentum and confidence that they could win....that I can see.

And the stuff about Brady lacking fire......I've heard all of this same garbage before. Everyone wants to blame Brady when the Pats don't play well. Here's the news flash. He was lights out when they were winning this season. But the rest of the team played well too. On nights like tonight, it's not about one guy....whether it be the HC or the star QB. The Pats didn't play well tonight.....as a team.

For the people that want to blame one guy...in particular Brady, you are just friggin' spoiled that you root on the team with the best coaching and QB tandem in the NFL over the last decade. That fact does not mean the team is going to win the SB year in and year out. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

I just don't understand how Brady could NOT have come out fired up for the game.

Yes, the first possession was methodical until the pick. But even before that I sensed something for concern. They all seemed to be in slo-mo compared to the Jets. No spark ever really caught on. Never saw it from Brady - he's the leader of the team and if he can't fire them up for a one and done play off game, WTF?

I mean, when's the last time you saw BB yelling "throw the ball" from the sideline and a run play is selected? Is that Tom?

We'll probably never know if there was something going on...but it would be nice :rolleyes:

Where was the fire Brady showed in the pitt game. ???? gone he barley showed a blip..... that is why this team folded, the coach and qb could not lift this team....

I just don't understand how Brady could NOT have come out fired up for the game.

Yes, the first possession was methodical until the pick. But even before that I sensed something for concern. They all seemed to be in slo-mo compared to the Jets. No spark ever really caught on. Never saw it from Brady - he's the leader of the team and if he can't fire them up for a one and done play off game, WTF?

I mean, when's the last time you saw BB yelling "throw the ball" from the sideline and a run play is selected? Is that Tom?

We'll probably never know if there was something going on...but it would be nice :rolleyes:

They were running the ball and taking their sweet ass time when they needed to hurry the **** up. Walking up to the line and waiting until the play clock was almost out to snap the ball midway through the 4th. I just don't understand why Brady didn't get them to hurry, mind bottling.

Man. This fire talk is overrated. When you are not playing well, you can't just bring out fire.

Dude. We don't have a deep thread. Tate and Brady don't seem to connect. I don't know who is to blame.

The MVP and one of the Goats or the second year receiver who can't get separation? What Brady needs IMO is a physical wideout who has the size and strength to go against Revis. A guy like Vincent Jackson comes to mind.

:singing:
The MVP and one of the Goats or the second year receiver who can't get separation? What Brady needs IMO is a physical wideout who has the size and strength to go against Revis. A guy like Vincent Jackson comes to mind.

oh gee now we figured that out after we won 8 in a row???? pathetic..

Belichik proved that he can be a ******* moron when he benched Welker. What the hell did he think the other players were thinking? Sometimes he's to goddam pompous for his own good and now Rexy can crow all friggin year long.

your right, Brach had a field day against Revis, he clearly is a great matchup for him. :rolleyes:

Well this team is great but greatness can still be improved. Bottom line is that we need a deep threat who can run routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back