PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Benching Welker - Setting the tone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Benching Welker- Pathetic

It was the right move. It's the Patriots' way (BB) or the highway. The benching wasn't just for this game, it was a message to the team that will resonate for a long time. It sends the young players a message.

It won't resonate because it's merely a footnote on an otherwise abysmal day. It was very silly though. There were 10 million ways to discipline him if he felt like he needed to. BB chose THE ONE option that hurt not only Welker, but the team as a whole.

Last edited:

He cut the teams Balls off.

Rodney would always talk sh*t back

Now we bench guys. Pathetic.
Benching Welker had nothing to do with the loss. Benching him proves BB plays no favorites, if you go against orders you sit no matter who you are.

After watching the Post game conferences, I half expect a major announcement from this team regarding someone leaving or something.

Something happened prior to this game which killed the locker room, or something... There is a story here.

Benching Welker had nothing to do with the loss. Benching him proves BB plays no favorites, if you go against orders you sit no matter who you are.

So Brady gets benched for the same comments?:rolleyes:

After watching the Post game conferences, I half expect a major announcement from this team regarding someone leaving or something.

Something happened prior to this game which killed the locker room, or something... There is a story here.

I think that's what the team needs

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

:bricks:

Who left before the Ravens game last season? Never thought BB would allow this team to not show up yet again after last season. Brady looked like he wanted to be in California, no fire and no leadership coming from him.

Theres threads everywhere blaming one thing for the loss when its quite simple, the players did not execute, they were rusty or unfocused or whatever but they didnt play well enough.

Who left before the Ravens game last season? Never thought BB would allow this team to not show up yet again after last season. Brady looked like he wanted to be in California, no fire and no leadership coming from him.

The loss last year was pure domination, it wasn't really about effort, they jump on us early, and the game just got out of hand...

This game was within reach the whole game, and no one looked like they were ready to put it all on the line to make it happen... the team felt dead in crucial situations.

1st drive was w/o Welker. It's on TB for overthrowing BJGE.

Welker could become an interesting offseason debate. Noone can deny his ability but what if there was a WR out there that could run the whole route tree instead of being limited to the 5 yard slants.

Just like I said about the ravens game last year. Brady did us no favors in this game. He wasn't fiery and he wasn't inspired out there. We could have still won this game but the jets didnt give us the mistakes needed to do so and thats a credit to them. It's our fault we needed them to.

Come on, the first drive was the best one until the pick, which was one of the dumbest plays I've ever seen Brady make.

Welker could become an interesting offseason debate. Noone can deny his ability but what if there was a WR out there that could run the whole route tree instead of being limited to the 5 yard slants.

No to Moss, ever ever...but we do need a WR who can go deep. When the defense knows you cant go deep, makes finding an opening difficult. The Jets completely stacked up all game.

No to Moss, ever ever...but we do need a WR who can go deep. When the defense knows you cant go deep, makes finding an opening difficult. The Jets completely stacked up all game.

Why does it seem like i'm the only one that thinks Edelman can handle the slot position. Trade Welker for Calvin Johnson.

I need somebody to blame for this so I hope you're right :lol2:

Last edited:

Why does it seem like i'm the only one that thinks Edelman can handle the slot position. Trade Welker for Calvin Johnson.

I am starting to wonder the same. I don't know Welker's trade value but no way he could go straight up for Calvin.

I need somebody to blame for this so I hope your right

Why do you guys have to have something to blame? The players did not execute, thats the whole smoking gun, too many mistakes, you can make a couple a game depending on what the other team does but there were way too many kistakes tonight, Brady being off was the biggest but blame goes all around.

Completely agree. If there's one thing we know about Brady, it's that he's very easily thrown off emotionally.

Look at the Miloy deal, Seymour, the loss of Branch initially, etc... Brady plays horribly when his friends aren't treated well.

The benching of Welker was a stupid move. Yes, discipline him in some way, but do it in a way that doesn't disrupt Brady.

Are you saying he's weak?

I think this was a real "jinx" when BB did that (and I am not superstituous overall) But in a playoff game....YOU PUT ALL your weapons out there unless a player committed a crime/felony or something. He was once again trying to prove that he is the most intelligent and honorable coach in the history of the game....and he outcoached himself with that blunderous decision. U don't think Welk being out there would have opened up the offense on that opening drive....I do

What are you getting at?

Are you implying Belichick is more concerned with feeding his own ego than winning playoff games?

Well, if something major happened, we'll know sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes