PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Watson's Tommy Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuinielaBox

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Tommy Points are awarded for hustle by the Celtics given by Tommy Heinsohn. But the best Patriot play was Ben Watson hustling down field after the Champ Bailey interception and belting him out at the one yard line causing a fumble that appeared to go out of the endzone and giving the Ball back to the Patriots 1st and 10 on the 20.

The referee ruled it out of bounds at the 1 yard line, Broncos ball. I thought it should have been ruled Patriots ball at the 20 (albeit a 79 yard loss of field position. Belichick correctly red flagged it, but I guess it was inconclusive what happened to the ball after it left Champ Bailey's hands.

Still, the phenomenal hustle play of Ben Watson earns him a Tommy (covering for Tom Brady's blunder) Point and if the call was reversed, the game could have been saved. After that, the Broncos scored a TD, Vinitari missed a FG, and then Brown muffed a punt deep in his territory and the Broncos cashed in to take the game from us. This is part of the bad karma in Colorado that must be overcome at some point for us to assert control of the pro football universe known as the National Football League.

Having this negative energy emitting from the West is a problem, but I would rather have this than the Gorilla sitting on the Colts empire.

He is just big and faaast!! Hope he can harness all that talent.

The kid has got heart. Even though Bailey was winded and let up at the end of the run, I didn't see any way he was going to catch him. Biggest hustle play I've ever seen. Too bad it wasn't an inch or so further in before it went out to take any ambiguity out of it. It was just too close to overturn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes