PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamPats

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
An amazingly statistic in a John Tomase article:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...7&format=&page=2&listingType=pats#articleFull

"The efficiency award goes to tight end Benjamin Watson [stats], who has been targeted just 20 times, but has 18 receptions and five touchdowns. Interestingly enough, 14 of Watson’s catches have come with him split out wide, and not on the line."

In fact the whole article is incredibly interesting as it breaks down much the statistical success of these Patriots. But moral of the story, while we might not show it against Miami, we will miss Ben Watson. Get better Ben. And congratulations on coming into your own, if I someone tried to tell me this statistic last year I would have laughed out loud. Though I'm sure the outside threats have a lot to do with this.

An amazingly statistic in a John Tomase article:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...7&format=&page=2&listingType=pats#articleFull

"The efficiency award goes to tight end Benjamin Watson [stats], who has been targeted just 20 times, but has 18 receptions and five touchdowns. Interestingly enough, 14 of Watson’s catches have come with him split out wide, and not on the line."

In fact the whole article is incredibly interesting as it breaks down much the statistical success of these Patriots. But moral of the story, while we might not show it against Miami, we will miss Ben Watson. Get better Ben. And congratulations on coming into your own, if I someone tried to tell me this statistic last year I would have laughed out loud. Though I'm sure the outside threats have a lot to do with this.

Anyone know how long he's expected to be out?

Anyone know how long he's expected to be out?
I don't know but I expect him back for Indy - I realize sprains can swell up later but he was walking reasonably well on the sideline after he twisted it, it didn't look real bad.

.... he was walking reasonably well on the sideline after he twisted it, it didn't look real bad.

Still, don't blame Roy for that.
HE did his best.

(Never mind me. Still just bitterly dwelling on that anonymous remark,
"Has Roy Williams ever tackled someone without trying to end his career?")

It would be great to have Maroney, Watson, Neal and Seymour back for the 4th.

Last edited:
It would be great to have Maroney, Watson, Neal and Seymour back for the 4th.

Maroney better play v the skins. If not the injury prone comments I have been making will be all but irrefutable. We didn't sign this kid to ride the bench.

I think Watson will be ok by the 4th.

I think they took Neal out to rest him a bit and let Hoch gets some quality snaps. Neal should be good to go vs. the Skins.

Watson has been playing great, his hands, route running and blocking have all improved.

I told my roommates we were SCREEEEEWWED when Watson went down.

Turns out I was wrong, at least vs. Miami, but I still hope he comes back for Indy. I seriously think he could be the difference in that game. He's the guy that burns you when you're blanketing our WRs, to the tune of 5 TDs so far. Kyle Brady is cool and all, but...

I wish Belichick had two injury reports.. one for the league, media and the masses, and a genuine one for patriots fans that have sworn their allegiences to the patriots. I hate not knowing whether a player is going to play or not and if they're out, for how long.

I would hope that Watson's back for the Indy game, but I think we can probably risk waiting and letting it really heal up through the BYE week.

Neal/Maroney werent on injury report. I hope we have Watson back because he makes our offense a lot better. scary right?

I told my roommates we were SCREEEEEWWED when Watson went down.

Turns out I was wrong, at least vs. Miami, but I still hope he comes back for Indy. I seriously think he could be the difference in that game. He's the guy that burns you when you're blanketing our WRs, to the tune of 5 TDs so far. Kyle Brady is cool and all, but...

Oh comeon, do you really believe this. I love watson but i dont think this team stops putting up points if he is gone.

Oh comeon, do you really believe this. I love watson but i dont think this team stops putting up points if he is gone.

Yeah that was rather silly. Only the absence of Brady would have a profound affect on this offense. Losing Welker would probably second since he's relied on to consistently move the chains and sustain drives and Moss third for his ability to draw double teams and stretch the field..

Nah, I'm exaggerating. But I do think teams tend to overlook him, and he has the ability to burn them if they do. Not sure I feel the same way about our other TEs.

I don't know but I expect him back for Indy - I realize sprains can swell up later but he was walking reasonably well on the sideline after he twisted it, it didn't look real bad.
Well, he didn't practice all last week or today, so it's not looking real good, either. If he's not even 'limited participation' today, how could he play Sunday?

I'm thinking he won't play against the colts. Maroney and Neal were both 'limited participation' for at least a couple weeks before they played in a game.

Neal and maroney should be good to go.

As for Watson, I think he will come back on colts game. Morris with everything good, will be back after bye week. Seymour hopefully can play by Colts or even a few snaps in Skin game.

Which make me wonder, wouldnt it be nice if we have a bye week b4 colts game?

I wish Belichick had two injury reports.. one for the league, media and the masses, and a genuine one for patriots fans that have sworn their allegiences to the patriots. I hate not knowing whether a player is going to play or not and if they're out, for how long.

right up until game time, espn and cbs were reporting that moroney wouldn't play against miami. What an incredibly tight lid on info. i think its great. Adds some drama too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes