PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.
he rocks, box!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have felt all along that the sense of urgency on Deion Branch, had more to do with the realities and emergence of #84... he is truly a beast, however and wherever he lines up. Cannot say enough about him, except hope he stays healthy.

I'll Drink to this..GO WATSON!!!!

I worry that, absent Branch, defenses will learn to focus more on Watson, and our offense will slow down.

Anybody else think he'll get 1000 yards this year?

Last edited:
Watson is a freak of nature, even after blowing out his knee 2 years ago, he is still one of the fastest TE's in football. You have to be pretty excited about him. He could be the next Ben Coates. San Diego & KC have had some pretty amazing offenses despite not having top notch WR's. I think we will be pretty similar. The cool thing is, I don't think SD & KC have good TE's to compliment Gonzales & Gates, we have Graham & Thomas (& Mills). You can't just key on Watson, then Graham will kill ya, or Thomas, or Mills, or Faulk, or Brown, etc. Also SD has had Brees & Rivers at QB, and though they are good QB's, niether can be confused with Tom Brady.

Can't say enough of the expectations from many of Ben Watson. He is quickly becoming my favorite player and everyone here knows what it's like to cheer for a guy that is homegrown/drafted like Brady,Wilson,Bruschi etc. I can easily say this is one of the biggest differences for me as being a bigger Pat's fan as opposed to being a Red Sox fan.

A team built from within the draft or taking someones castoffs is so much better than buying high priced mercenaries like the Red Sox and Yankees do. Sometimes it is necessarry and great for the team. However I have much more enjoyment out of growing as a fan with the players as they grow from rookies to veterans. Some to stardom and some to the waiver wire. It didn't matter because it was fun all the same.

Back to expectations. I could see Ben catching 70 or 80 balls for a thousand and 8-10 tds. Anything more would be frosting on the cake. Anything slightly short of that would be a probowl TE.

he was unstoppable......

not so much to add if not a very simple...

GO BENJAMIN GO !!!

I was critical at times of Ben Watson last year. Although he was a unique target, I thought he lacked some fundamnetals that the very good TE's have. He didn't always catch the ball with his hands, faded on routes and didn't sit down in the zone.

I am happy to say that this preseason he has improved on all of my criticisms. He has improved a lot and thats the sign of a GREAT player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes