PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Watson on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
On now..............

He took a trip to Iraq to visit the troops with some other NFL players:

-Landing (combat landing) was crazy as they had to drop altitute quick to land instead of approaching (to avoid RPG fire)

-Had to wear all the body armor

-Realization of being in danger and what our guys face every day

-Very thankful for the chance to go and to our troops for what they do

-Interesting sign he saw: "complacency kills"

-It really sunk in as reality when he saw what goes on...not like seeing it on tv

-Very happy to be an American and to be home and thankful for the troops protecting that lifestyle

-Had a great time with the other NFL guys

-All the soldiers wanted to (and a lot did) wear his superbowl ring. Especially the guys from New England

Last edited:
070306-A-6430B-022.jpg

Trying on the ring!

Last edited:
I give major props to Ben for going over to support the troops!

Despite what your opinion of the war is everyone should do something for the men & women over there.

Very cool that he brought his Super Bowl ring to share!

Hmmmm. I wonder what that means?

Sorry for the spelling, i meant complacency kills...........in other words you can't relax or get comfortable in your duty or there's trouble

I wonder if he met our Harrison37. He's a major who was just deployed over there.

Despite what your opinion of the war is everyone should do something for the men & women over there.

No doubt. If there were one aspect of politics that makes me most angry it's the casual suggestion that not supporting the war can be equated with not supporting the troops. Both sides do stuff like this -- I'm not trying to be partisan. But finding the war distasteful does not mean that one is not profoundly thankful every day for the sacrifice that these men and women, and their families, have made to do their best to ensure that we have freedoms like pissing and moaning on message boards about free agency.

Sorry for the spelling, i meant complacency kills...........in other words you can't relax or get comfortable in your duty or there's trouble

I was being facietious!

No doubt. If there were one aspect of politics that makes me most angry it's the casual suggestion that not supporting the war can be equated with not supporting the troops. Both sides do stuff like this -- I'm not trying to be partisan. But finding the war distasteful does not mean that one is not profoundly thankful every day for the sacrifice that these men and women, and their families, have made to do their best to ensure that we have freedoms like pissing and moaning on message boards about free agency.
I agree. No matter what side of the fence you are on regarding the war, their is no room for disrespecting and/or not supporting the men and women who are risking their lives to do their patriotic duty. Anyone old enough to remember Vietnam and the way the returning vets were treated when they came home has seen enough of that to make you sick.

Props to Ben Watson for spending time with the troops in the war zone.Appears as if his visit (and the other NFL players )was a big boost to people doing a very difficult job.

Given the fact that the overwhelming majority of Americans are against the war now, I find this less of a problem. Only a fool would say that the majority of Americans are against the troops :)

FYI - Watson had a press conference that you can hear over at Patriots.com. Just click the audio section on the home page. Hearing him actually give his answers helps show the depth of the impact this trip had on him. He is clearly and thoughtful and intellegent young man.

BTW - for those of you who didn't hear this weeks PFW in progress. That pompous DB, Tom Cassale lambasted Watson for only leaving a slightly less than 20% tip to his fiance, even though he had to return part of the meal. What was worse, he intimated that in the future when he gets a chance to take a shot at Watson, he won't miss it.

Is it just me, or are there others out there who are fast becoming disenchanted with this loud mouthed, self absorbed, know it all, who aspires to be the next Ron Borges??

Last edited:
FYI - Watson had a press conference that you can hear over at Patriots.com. Just click the audio section on the home page. Hearing him actually give his answers helps show the depth of the impact this trip had on him. He is clearly and thoughtful and intellegent young man.

BTW - for those of you who didn't hear this weeks PFW in progress. That pompous DB, Tom Cassale lambasted Watson for only leaving a slightly less than 20% tip to his fiance, even though he had to return part of the meal. What was worse, he intimated that in the future when he gets a chance to take a shot at Watson, he won't miss it.

Is it just me, or are there others out there who are fast becoming disenchanted with this loud mouthed, self absorbed, know it all, who aspires to be the next Ron Borges??

You don't know the half of it Ken. Last fall we caught him using 4 different user names here to support his own rumors and actually recommend his own draft web site.

Borges is ethical compared to this POS.

BTW - for those of you who didn't hear this weeks PFW in progress. That pompous DB, Tom Cassale lambasted Watson for only leaving a 17.5% tip to his fiance, even though he had to return part of the meal. What was worse, he intimated that in the future when he gets a chance to take a shot at Watson, he won't miss it.

Nawwwww, Tom Casale is a completely mature and well-adjusted person:

(and so are "I'mRonBorges?", "Patriotsrule", "Alisonlovesbrady" and one other fake postername here that Casale used (and immediately stopped when we outed him)that I don't remember. Yes, this "media member" did take on 4 fake posternames to come on here, praise Casale for his "excellent work" on PFW, trash Reiss and anyone else who may stand in the way of getting his dream job and then GO BEHIND HIS EMPLOYER'S BACK to use our forum to spew a rumor about Chad Jackson that he was precluded from doing on PFW BY HIS EMPLOYER.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=40138

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=43370

And now he is going after Watson?

He's been beaten to a pulp here and has learned his lesson that we are on to him, but I implore PatriotsPlanet and NEM's site to be on the lookout now for fake posters praising Casale and ripping Watson personally.

If I were Tom Casale (and thank GOD I'm not), I would tread very carefully and stick to football analysis.

P.S. "Alisonlovesbrady" refers to Casale's fiancee Alison - who is the waitress complaining about Watson's slightly less than 20% tip that she received for her poor waitressing skills. We mods, for 6 months, kept our mouths shut about her because we were respecting that she was an innocent in the first case and felt it was unfair to drag her into this. Now that he is openly using her as a source on his radio program to attack others, the gloves are off.

Props to Ben Watson for spending time with the troops in the war zone.Appears as if his visit (and the other NFL players )was a big boost to people doing a very difficult job.

Agreed-the troops had to be psyched. Izzo had a project along these lines too,if I remember right?

Kudos to Ben and Co. for this focus.

Nawwwww, Tom Casale is a completely mature and well-adjusted person:

(and so are "I'mRonBorges?", "Patriotsrule", "Alisonlovesbrady" and one other fake postername here that Casale used (and immediately stopped when we outed him)that I don't remember. Yes, this "media member" did take on 4 fake posternames to come on here, praise Casale for his "excellent work" on PFW, trash Reiss and anyone else who may stand in the way of getting his dream job and then GO BEHIND HIS EMPLOYER'S BACK to use our forum to spew a rumor about Chad Jackson that he was precluded from doing on PFW BY HIS EMPLOYER.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=40138

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=43370

I would think that is grounds for firing.

And now he is going after Watson?

He's been beaten to a pulp here and has learned his lesson that we are on to him, but I implore PatriotsPlanet and NEM's site to be on the lookout now for fake posters praising Casale and ripping Watson personally.

If I were Tom Casale (and thank GOD I'm not), I would tread very carefully and stick to football analysis.

P.S. "Alisonlovesbrady" refers to Casale's fiancee Alison - who is the waitress complaining about Watson's slightly less than 20% tip that she received for her poor waitressing skills. We mods, for 6 months, kept our mouths shut about her because we were respecting that she was an innocent in the first case and felt it was unfair to drag her into this. Now that he is openly using her as a source on his radio program to attack others, the gloves are off.

Holy Crap,is this guy for real?
I have issues with even discussing this pond scum in the same thread as Ben Watson's trip to Iraq!

Holy Crap,is this guy for real?
I have issues with even discussing this pond scum in the same thread as Ben Watson's trip to Iraq!

Agreed. In a week that Watson travels to Iraq to visit and help the spirits of brave men and women who are in great danger and have REAL problems just staying alive, Casale spends his time whining and moaning about the hardship of his fiancee receiving only a 17.5% tip from the man who put his own life in danger to visit the troops. Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes