PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Watson and Daniel Graham....

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTS-80

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
will have HUGE parts to play in our offense next year. It looks like drafting a WR in the 1st is a must. 2 TE "move the chains" offense!!!!

We can probably solved the G problem, K problem and OLB problem in FA easier than the WR problem.

I really, really want Adam, but if I had my choice I'd rather have "Edinger, Branch and Seymour," than just say, "Adam and Branch, with no Seymour." Our defense got better last year when Sey played, and I can't imagine Brady without his favorite target -- Branch. IMO, those 2 HAVE be re-signed, even if it means taking it on the chin on other positions (like K). Sey is going to want big money, and Branch will definitely want more $$$ than Randel-El. They both deserve it too.

One other thought: There is no way that Bethel Johnson does NOT make this team. Bethel is cheap and thus, will be 4th/KR, and Bam the 5th. I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that Troy was pondering retirement.

So the choice for WR is Moss (short, KR, a beast at Senior Bowl, played at Miami), Chad Jackson (Florida, 6'1, workout at Combine did move him up), or Holmes (Ohio State, Jr).???????????? All of them are probably better than what is in FA, except for Moulds.

first of all, i'd prefer moulds to drafting.....but in the draft, i'd like to give Brady a LARGE target to throw to....it'd be a nice change for him, instead of always having to thread the needle...stovall, nance, baskett, williams, hagan, solomon....even a matt trannon later on.

I think you are right. Ben may be huge next year.

Maybe PATs see Ben as their #2 receiver.

Most of the nation was floored as they watched PATs play Denver
in the playoffs to see Ben streak from across the field and catch
Champ.
That was incredible speed and maybe PATs have decided they need to
find ways to use that speed and they are not really concerned with
paying big bucks for a #2 WR when they got Ben. Just a thought.

Now a question. Could Ben Watson fill the role of a #2 WR?

I obviously agree about acquiring Moulds, but we still would need another WR for the slot.

Of the 3 WR considered legit 1st round picks (Moss, Jackson, Holmes), I think Jackson is the tallest at 6'1. Moss is the brother of Santana Moss.

yeah, I agree Ben could be kinda like Tony Gonz. of the Chiefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes