PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Watson: A Patriot at heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I am touched by Ben Watson's decision to fly to Iraq and Afghanistan on a USO tour, providing support to our servicemen and women in a war zone. Whatever he does on the field the rest of his career, he has proved himself a champion where it really counts. Ben, Alge Crumpler, Will Shields, and Shelton Quarles have already visited remote fighting bases in Anbar province, attended funerals of soldiers who died in combat, visited wounded soldiers in a hospital in Ramadi, and are set to fly to Afghanistan. I remember receiving cards in children's handwriting from an elementary school while serving overseas... The cards meant more to us than we let on. We taped them on the bulkhead as decoration. In a similar vein, I'm sure Ben & Co. are providing comfort to men and women who really need it. Come home safe, Ben, and everyone else. http://nfl.com/news/story/10057174

I see pictures of him and the other players in Afghanistan on nfl.com, and it is really geat what those guys are doing. Things like this make it easy to root for him.

Ben is a good man and very unshelfish...Just think he can be drinking some Mai-Ties on white sandy beach some where...Boy is going to have a good year...The pressure is going to be off his shoulders....He is going to be top notch....

HE's a really good guy and a great athlete. Just wish he were a more natural receiver.

Ben is a good man and very unshelfish...Just think he can be drinking some Mai-Ties on white sandy beach some where...Boy is going to have a good year...The pressure is going to be off his shoulders....He is going to be top notch....

He is my pick for break out player. I think he is going to explode.

That run he did to catch up to Bailey and knock the ball out of the endzone (not at the 1 yard as the coward refs called) will always be one of the top patriot plays in my mind of all time.

I never questions the man or heart of Ben Watson. I just questioned his freaking hands :p He'll get better, I'm sure.

Isn't this the tour Larry Izzo was on last year? Really shows you the players who value more than just the trappings of the game.

Fellers,

As a veteran, let me tell you that something as simple as seeing an NFL player visiting you out in the boonies can do wonders for your morale. These guys have more money than anyone else will ever see unless they hit the lottery. They could be, as was posted above, laying on the beach and having the time of their life. But they chose to come out and say thanks. To simply be there to say hello.

To someone far from home, that means a lot, and it's not soon forgotten.

Respects,

It's really nice to see things like this happening, regardless of a person's politics.

Damn, Algie looks a lot smaller out of uniform than he does on the field. He's a BIG dude.

Ben was on TV and was a very humble guy. It was a game where he dropped 1 and then brady hit him on a TD next and was asked what he said to brady...he was like "thanks for coming back to me".
He talked about his dad alot and how he was allowed to play only if he maintained his grades and one smart dude.Again , pats always like smart players to freakish physical specimens.

I think the whole dropping the balls is overrated as how many times have you seen him double or triple covered and smacked around a bit.His numbers are going to jump this year with all his WR releasing some presure off him and not covered by the #1 CB with safety help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots