PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Roethlisberger suffers rare, dangerous injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Roethlisberger Dislocated Rib (OT?)

Ben has a track record, though. Not just the Georgia case, but Vegas as well. In a court of law, he's innocent until proven guilty (or until he pays someone enough to drop the charges), but you don't have to be a Steelers' hater to take the POV that something pretty bad happened.

Fair enough.

FWIW I wasn't suggesting that people should be somehow required to adopt a legal "beyond reasonable doubt" standard to their opinions; rather, that there were enough mitigating circumstances (that is, enough not cut and dry or objective) in both cases that plausible scenarios existed supporting either side. And that being the case, the degree of absolute certainty that a lot of people have shown (and again, I'm including Steelers fans here) is surprising to me.

Nobody hates the Steelers more than me but despite his illicit off the field 'activities' I really kind of like the guy and hope he is o.k.

Maybe the only Steeler I can stomach

Steelers catch a break:

Smith, who was the CB replacing Webb, just underwent groin surgery and is out for a while.

Steelers catch a break:

Smith, who was the CB replacing Webb, just underwent groin surgery and is out for a while.

How do you get/catch this and how can it be prevented? :eek:

How do you get/catch this and how can it be prevented? :eek:

well...first you gotta recognize the symptoms...here's the first sign...say you are strolling along minding your own business and you run across a 6 foot woman with a body builder's physique, sporting a black mohawk and a "I Hate Anyone Named John" tattoo on her left bicep...if you say "what's up, baby?" that could lead to a severe case inflictio groinitus..and subsequent surgery to repair the Doc Maartens bootheel imprint on your package...if you get my drift...

Last edited:
seriously.

Brady wouldn't say anything and still be called a pretty boy. Tom never gets enough credit for toughness, outside of New England.

Roethlisburger is just setting us up for his Schilling bloody sock moment.

Or Paul Pierce from out of his wheelchair back into the game! Classic!

That was the biggest joke I've ever seen in my life. Paul Pierce is the one of the biggest drama queens in the NBA and that was one of the more ridiculous examples of it. You would have thought that the out of shape-in shape mountain goat broke his femur with the way he winced in pain in his wheelchair getting rolled of the court. Suddenly, a few minutes later, he sprints back onto it. He was trying so hard to go for *that moment* in the NBA Finals.

Eh, at least they beat the Lakers.

His crooning to the media reminds me of a certain Mr. Favre in his twilight years.

Had a sudden flash-forward to Big Ben, circa 2017, making the Steelers and their fans beg him to return for one more year, and one more year....

LOL! That was the funniest thing I've seen in an NBA Finals.
I remember watching that game with a group of friends and pulling for Boston (I'm not a New Englander so I'm not a fan but HATE the Lakers) and when he came back in all us Celtics backers got up and started going crazy in a bit (;)) of a sarcastic manner while the Lakers fans were rolling their eyes. Then the Celts came back to win, probably my favorite moment as a neutral fan outside of the Saints pick-six off Manning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes