PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Roethlisberger Injured in Motorcycle Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like you! haha
Yeah.. i gotta admit.. sometimes you guys beat the crap outta us.. trust me we are disappointed is all, but you hear no complaints. You guys are one heck of a team!
I like Tom Brady..
Tom Brady= ( *Cough* cute,) Good, and cool QB
I'm out for the night, see you great folks tomorrow!

Last edited:
Big7Ben said:
NO NO and.. um.. NO!
When asked his name, he replied Ben! After that, he could not be understood, because he was mumbling.
http://www.postgazette.com/
Pittsburgh Newspaper Website^
www.steelersfever.com
Steelers Website, check out two links on homepage and the forum if you want.
If you have any questions, I know everything about this.

Ben decided not to wear his helmet ON HIS OWN, and I don't think people should comment. If it was made a law in Pittsburgh to wear one, he would've. But everyone think- he's a big boy (hence :"Big" Ben) and he made his own choice not to wear the helmet.

ROTFLMAO!!

Let me guess -- you're a Steelers fan! Or should I say, homer fanboy? Only a Steeler fan could be this dumb.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
This screencap was from PFT:

Check out the advertisement on the right:

YamahaAd.jpg

This will make one heckuva good product endorsement...NOT!!!!

Just a knock on some sites and how far off they are..Redzone has in it's latest news headlines at the top..most recent.."Report: Roethislisberger's knees severely injured Updated"...and yet the link is to a maybe late afternoon story..and the mention of knees is in the last paragraph..and as I think know...not true. PFT has had numerous updates all day and in the AM today..is on top of it much more.

Pats726 said:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Just some interesting notes from a Dr about jaw and face injuries...and what to notice and what may be keys in understanding..May be more serious..

Depending on the injury and severity injuries to the face can take months and months to heal. Remember the kid that Romo punched out? The injury to that kid's orbital bone effectively ended his season. The sinus injury in particular is worrisome as it can affect your vision and equilibrium greatly for the duration of the healing process.

Like everyone else, I hope Ben is ok. He seems like a good guy and I agree with what a couple other people said, it's more fun to watch the Pats play a good team when all their guns are blazing.

That being said, the dumbest thing our QB ever did was date Tara Reid. There may be a moral to this story.

Brownfan80 said:
Depending on the injury and severity injuries to the face can take months and months to heal. Remember the kid that Romo punched out? The injury to that kid's orbital bone effectively ended his season. The sinus injury in particular is worrisome as it can affect your vision and equilibrium greatly for the duration of the healing process.
Yes...and I think it may not be as easy as everyone thinks..to come back quickly.. I wish him well!!!

I think we have the makings of a terrific public service announcement here--Big Ben, perhaps still wearing a bandage or two, saying "Boy was I wrong about motorcycle helmets. I was just plain dumb. You can be absolutely certain I'll never ride without one again. And neither should you, no matter what the law may say in your particular state."

Mainefan said:
I think we have the makings of a terrific public service announcement here--Big Ben, perhaps still wearing a bandage or two, saying "Boy was I wrong about motorcycle helmets. I was just plain dumb. You can be absolutely certain I'll never ride without one again. And neither should you, no matter what the law may say in your particular state."
Absolutely!! He should do that..but ill he????
PFT talked about how there was an ad for a motercycle next to a pic of Ben's crushed one...ironic...

5 surgeon's and 7 hrs...on his face..jaw...a LOT of surgery!!!! Sounds serious...NOT life threatening ..but long recovery..

Pats726 said:
5 surgeon's and 7 hrs...on his face..jaw...a LOT of surgery!!!! Sounds serious...NOT life threatening ..but long recovery..

This makes me curious if they would bring five surgeons in for just anyone or if Ben was getting special treatment.

he'll recover, but it's going to take a long time.
his first hits are going to KILL! :help:

SUZUKI HYABUSA: Fastest bike ever, 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, quarter mile at 150 m.p.h. in 9.8 seconds. First gear does 90 m.p.h. Top Speed was 204 m.p.h., now limited electronically to 186 m.p.h. because of a threat to ban the bike in Europe.

BEN BERGER: No Helmet, doing 70 m.p.h. at time of accident.

Pats726 said:

care to wager how much weight and mass he is going to lose with his jaw wired shut?

Flying Fungi said:
care to wager how much weight and mass he is going to lose with his jaw wired shut?
I dunno. The way Protein powder has advanced (whey, casein, soy and egg proteins) and total Meal Replacement Powders have come along... I'd be surprised if he didn't get close to his normal caloric intake with just liquids. This one has 52 grams of protein and 323 calories per serving.... throw that into 8 ounces of whole milk, and you've got 473 calories and 60 grams of protein in a single glass. (And I'm sure there are MRPs out there with even more cals/protein, this is just one I'm familiar with.) Hell, he could get fat on this stuff. If he loses weight, it won't be because he can't get enough calories/protein from a liquid diet, I don't think. (But I'm no doctor and didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night either.)

Can't say enough about that Big Ben!

What an MVP type performance in the Super Bowl!

Wouldn't it be great to see an Eagles-Steelers Super Bowl!

http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_164115654.html

Wow, riding the world's fastest production motorcycle without a helmet OR a license??!

According to our source, Roethlisberger did have a learner's permit that allowed him to ride a motorcycle; but that permit expired on March 29th.

The source goes on to explain that Roethlisberger never took the written and driving test required to get a motorcycle license – and would have been driving illegally at the time of the accident.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
SUZUKI HYABUSA: Fastest bike ever, 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, quarter mile at 150 m.p.h. in 9.8 seconds. First gear does 90 m.p.h. Top Speed was 204 m.p.h., now limited electronically to 186 m.p.h. because of a threat to ban the bike in Europe.

BEN BERGER: No Helmet, doing 70 m.p.h. at time of accident.

0-60 in 2.5 seconds?! That's like being shot out of a cannon! This is the first I've read that he was going 70 mph at the time. That thing is so fast it's comical. Imagine going 186 mph and hitting a rut in the highway and going airborne. Instead of Hyabusa they should've named it Sayanara.

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_164115654.html

Wow, riding the world's fastest production motorcycle without a helmet OR a license??!

JJ Redick wants to share in the "nice play Shakespeare" publicity by getting picked up for DWI last night AND making an illegal U turn to try to avoid a police trap. Ben sends you flowers JJ for taking him off the hook a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back