PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it would make a big difference if BJGE starts. Defenses know we are going to pass every down, especially in the second half. They figure that, even if they are wrong, they are going to get beat for a 7-yard run at worst.

Re: Bjge

I am high on BJGE as much as anyone else is and contributed to the flaming war that there was over whether BJGE would make final roster.. however..

I believe will only see BJGE if there is a major injury, or if BB has given up on someone for good. The thing to remember is BJGE is in the 2nd of a 4 year contract, so there is plenty of time for him.

Taylor and Morris are signed for one more year.. If we go with BJGE now, over them, we are essentially telling them we're quitting on them- so for BB it's a lot more than just "oh let's try this or that" he has a roster to manage as well.

We have Taylor and Morris for one more year

BJGE is only signed through 2010.

And I think Morris will keep seeing time over Green-Ellis because of his pass protection (an area BJGE has struggled) and his experience.

However, I think Green-Ellis will see time down the line, as injuries will hit, and I think he will get his chances this season and in future seasons, just not yet.

Re: Bjge

Makes you wonder why they traded Hochstein and did not

re-sign Heath Evans.
Might be difficult to do. Evans signed with in the off-season and plays for New Orleans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back