Welcome to PatsFans.com

Belief in God a 'product of human weaknesses': Einstein letter

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, May 13, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

nah....Einstein wasn't smart, he was faking it a lot....BUSH is smart! he claims to talk to god, so who do you believe?

I believe our commander in chief who hears voices in his head that tell him to invade Iraq, cut taxes for wealthy people, and pushes profit and polution over protecting the Earth. Sounds a lot like the word of God to me. And it sounds like the actions of a very smart man.

What did Einstein ever do with his life? Its not like the guy figured out relativity or how to split an atom.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +246 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Being a genius at math/physics has no bearing on this. In fact I have heard good mathematical arguments that God basically has to exist due to the complexity of the human body and the probability it would have evolved to the point it did without some "help". I'm agnostic, so I don't have a stake in the arguement but it's foolish beyond belief to think that a genius in one area knows everything.
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I never said that Bush was a genius in Math and Physics, just that he is a boldly smart man, and we should believe him. Not some guy from Germany (probably a Nazi) whose only real claim to fame is his infant DVDs.
  5. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

I read 'Einstein' by Walter Isaacson, not too long ago. I believe this is the latest writing on him and was done by an accomplished writer. In the book Einstein dismisses religion early on, then later acknowledges God.
    'For some people, miracles serve as evidence of God's existence. For Einstein it was the absence of miracles that reflected divine providence.'
    The author of the "product of human weaknesses' did a nice job of selecting the part of Einstein's life in which makes his point, but fails miserably as a credible writer.
  6. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Pretty sure that the theory of irreducible complexity is exactly what he was talking about when he said "human weaknesses." Everything was "too complex" before we figured it out. Man will never fly, the earth is the center of the universe, the human body is made from fire, water, wind an earth etc.
  7. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Hahaha very funny.

Off topic for Holy Diver, have you heard the Killswitch Engage version of this song?
  8. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Why isn't this thread in the religious forum?
  9. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Uh oh, Einstein also said Jews aren't the chosen people :-O
    Last edited: May 13, 2008
  10. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

He also probably said "bring me another beer" and "suck my (fill in the blank)" and "god my ass itches".

He was a genius on some things, but he was still just a guy.
  11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +246 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

That's fine but it's still a mathematical outlier that we "just happened". Also, a seemingly infinite universe is just as weird to consider as an infinite creator. Bottom line to me, which makes me agnostic, anyone who says they know for sure one way or another is a fool.
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

I would love to have been able to get Einstein's thoughts on the "other god" the one that hands out virgins to headhunters and murderers when they get to "paradise".

Why do the lefty liberals and the athiests always have a little insult and some trash about the Christian God but are dead silent when it comes to ALLAH?

Do liberals fear the throat slitters-------:confused:
  13. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

all religions are stupid from A...llah to Z.
  14. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Why is it some towns and cities in MA have more churches than schools and public libraries and museums ?

/personal Observation while driving around .;)

/Good Business??? ;)
    Last edited: May 14, 2008
  15. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

There's no good evidence that God exists. God used to occupy everything. He was the explanation for the seasons, day and night, eclipses, but as humans began to understand more and more how things work, the role of God diminished. There are lame attempts to prove God exists, such as by the Creationists, whose basic argument is that things are so darn complicated that the only explanation is God. Their theory is so weak that they lost a major case in Dover, PA, despite having a conservative Reagan-appointed judge. And, even if their theory was correct, it would simply mean that we were created by some kind of alien of superior intelligence. IMHO, the only good argument for God is that faith is like a sixth sense, you either have it or you don't.
  16. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

ahh, yes. Aliens. That was a hilarious part of Ben Steins film. When pressed as to how life actualy began, the Darwin Nazis could only come up with Space Aliens. Makes much more sense than a Creator. :rolleyes:
  17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Good for you, very few liberals ever have a bad word for Allah they seem to dwell on Jesus & his Father, look what they did to Mitt Romney, I wonder how a "Muslim Candidate" would be treated-----:singing:
  18. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

No, that's what the Creationists say. The Creationists concede that the intelligent designer could be an alien, not God. So, even if their nonsense theory was ever peer reviewed and tested, it would not prove there's a god, it would merely prove there's some sort of superior intelligence somewhere in the universe.
  19. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

A.Eienstien "God doesn't play dice with the universe" In the end he did believe there was a higher form of intelligence because he just couldn't reconsile some of the discrepancies he found in trying to understand the universe. There were to many things that couldn't have just happened by random chance.
    Last edited: May 14, 2008
  20. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

Actually the statement about aliens was made by an evolutionist in Ben Stein's movie.