PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's Favorite Safety?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogansArmy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Anthony Smith the defensive player for Pittsburgh that BB made fun of after the game? The one with the big mouth? I had wondered what happened to him. If its the same guy, it seems he's on the Packers now... and this time he seems to be much more subdued and actually praising the Pats. Good to see a little humilitation goes a long way sometimes. Of course if this isn't the guy I'm thinking of, then its a wasted thread lol.

Packers defense faces sternest test - JSOnline

"They adjust quick," said safety Anthony Smith, who as a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers got to see the Patriots fairly often. "That's one great thing about them. Once they figure out what you're doing, they try to expose that weakness. Every defense has a hole, and they're pretty good at finding it. That's what makes them special."

The key, Smith said, is never to fall into the trap of relying on one defense for too long. Sometimes you have to blitz, and sometimes you have to play coverage.

"We did a little bit of both because you can't just sit back and give Tom all that kind of time to sit back and decipher a defense and figure out what we're in," Smith said. "You've got to mix it up."

He's on IR. Sorry, no chance to see the back of his jersey ten yards away from the receiver he is covering this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down