PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's answer about Anthony Smith shows he's getting tired of mouths in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Very unbelichick like saying Anthony Smith was not the greatest Safety they have ever played against.

While this is true,I think we know that Belichick is RARILY critical of what someone says in the media or an opposing player and if he says anything about another player its usually positive.

Its very obvious to me after hearing his comments that BB is secretly getting sick and tired of all the BS and big mouths that have jumped on his team who is playing as well as any team in NFL history and I am sure he would just love to hear nothing at all about the team other than on the field anymore.

Any human being can take so much before he/she explodes and I think Belichick's patience and quiet demeanor are getting shorter as the season gets longer as evidenced by his shocking comment of Smith.

Re: Belichick's answer about Anthony Smith shows he's getting tired of mouths in the

Well, he did call out Freddie Mitchell pretty good, so BB can talk trash, but I guess I agree that it might've been a little anti-BB. He could've just as easily said "we don't worry about that stuff [Smith's comments]."

It felt to me like he (and Tom when he was jarring at Smith) were really going to bat for Moss and Welker, who Smith had called out as not being as good as the Bengals wideouts.

Last edited:
Re: Belichick's answer about Anthony Smith shows he's getting tired of mouths in the

Any human being can take so much before he/she explodes and I think Belichick's patience and quiet demeanor are getting shorter as the season gets longer as evidenced by his shocking comment of Smith.

I don't buy it. I think his demeanor remains consistent. He'll call out other team's jerkoffs every now and then (after the Pats destroy the guy!). I recall after SB39, BB called WR Freddie Mitchell "just awful"! (which he was!) :)

Brady said something on the radio this morning along the lines of, when it's a Joey Porter or a Troy Polamalu or somebody it's one thing, but everybody was basically left wondering who the hell Anthony Smith even is. Brady said he took offense to a nobody (my words, not his) saying something just to make sure they got on sports center.

so, coupled with BB's uncharacteristic response to Freddie Mitchel and his response now to Anthony Smith, i think we can assume they don't particularly have issues with established guys talking a little smack (although they will certainly use it for motivation) but if you are some scrub who hasn't paid his dues yet, you best just keep your mouth shut.

I don't buy it. I think his demeanor remains consistent. He'll call out other team's jerkoffs every now and then (after the Pats destroy the guy!). I recall after SB39, BB called WR Freddie Mitchell "just awful"! (which he was!) :)

Thats true but that was at the END of the season and the pressure was off and he felt secure enough to say it then

This is the MIDDLE of the season so its a bit different per say.

Thats true but that was at the END of the season and the pressure was off and he felt secure enough to say it then

This is the MIDDLE of the season so its a bit different per say.

It seemed in-character to me. BB seems to have some policy that if you go babbling to the media and you deserve to be ripped (i.e. you can't back it up), he'll rip you. Otherwise it's mouth-shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes