PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichickized

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacecrime

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
The guy was a Patriot for only a couple of minutes before displaying severe Belichickization:

What's the status of your shoulder right now just so we're clear on it?
"I'm healthy. I've been healthy all year. It's not a problem."

You mentioned you played every position but center, but primarily is right tackle your position?
"In the past, yes."

who the heck are you talking about?

Second the O'Callaghan guess. But I suspect they are chosen partly because of this mindset.

My guess is he went on to say...

"In the past, yes. But I'm on the Patriots now, and I'm just looking to compete, you know, have a chance to show what I can do to make the squad. I'll be happy to play on the right side, or the left, tackle or guard, center even, play on the punting team...heck I'll even punt if Coach/Professor Belichick asks me to do that, because special teams are one-third the game....I'm part of a team now, and there's no I in team, just like there's no I in Patriots..well there is, but its a small one.", etc., etc.

kolbitr said:
Second the O'Callaghan guess. But I suspect they are chosen partly because of this mindset.

My guess is he went on to say...

"In the past, yes. But I'm on the Patriots now, and I'm just looking to compete, you know, have a chance to show what I can do to make the squad. I'll be happy to play on the right side, or the left, tackle or guard, center even, play on the punting team...heck I'll even punt if Coach/Professor Belichick asks me to do that, because special teams are one-third the game....I'm part of a team now, and there's no I in team, just like there's no I in Patriots..well there is, but its a small one.", etc., etc.
Your guess would be wrong, but it is indicative of his mindset, as you say. His entire answer really was, "In the past, yes."

Here is part of the
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/
Reiss transcript, including the questions before and after the two I pointed out:

What do you think about yourself? You've been listed as a tackle by some, a guard by some. Where do you think they see you here and where are you best suited to play?
"I don't really know. I can't say I have to speak with the coach and fill a need. They drafted me for a reason and I'm going to be ready to play wherever they want me to play. I've played every position but center so I'm not going to say exactly."

What's the status of your shoulder right now just so we're clear on it?
"I'm healthy. I've been healthy all year. It's not a problem."

You mentioned you played every position but center, but primarily is right tackle your position?
"In the past, yes."

Do you feel like your ideal playing weight is around 344 and did the Patriots talk to you about losing weight or staying where you're at? Do you think that you're where you should be?
"I feel comfortable at 344. This is ... It's not hard to lose weight, it's not hard to gain weight. I'll play what they want me to play at."

I'm telling you. Two minutes on the phone with BB and he is Belichickized for life.

My post was meant to be a joke, not a correction!

This guy was a steal.
He is rated as a 2nd rounder!!

This guy is 6'7", he is a freaking monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back