PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick wins his second Associated Press Coach of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like with Merriman and steroids last year, doesn't matter what the stats say, when you do the kind of thing he did you should be disqualified for individual awards. Call me a Jets fan all you want, that's how I feel.
If that's the rule then that's the rule. With "coach of the year" it isn't the rule, and it was up to each voter to decide how heavily spygate would weigh on their vote. Obviously the majority of those 50 people felt it didn't disqualify him.

Woohoo congrats to BB! IF he can't win the award for a 16-0 season, then I don't know what you'd have to do to earn it! :rocker:

Belichick_CotY3.jpg

:rocker:

congrats BB, u didnt get snuffed....the ppl are coming around...it only took an undefeated reg season, but theyre coming around

u think if we went 15-1 he would have won it? LOL

Last edited:
Just like with Merriman and steroids last year, doesn't matter what the stats say, when you do the kind of thing he did you should be disqualified for individual awards. Call me a Jets fan all you want, that's how I feel.

You may call yourself a Patriots fan, but the FACT is, you're not. You holier than thou smug ***hole! I can't believe you have the balls to post that crap. How can you NOT love Belichik? Seriously, he is the reason we've all had so much to cheer about since 2001. and here you are condemning him for something we all know was not a big deal (fact, not opinion)...AND you call yourself a Pats fan!

Go bury your heard in a snowbank and cheer for the Colts and their sainted ***hole coach!?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
You may call yourself a Patriots fan, but the FACT is, you're not. You holier than thou smug ***hole! I can't believe you have the balls to post that crap. How can you NOT love Belichik? Seriously, he is the reason we've all had so much to cheer about since 2001. and here you are condemning him for something we all know was not a big deal (fact, not opinion)...AND you call yourself a Pats fan!

Go bury your heard in a snowbank and cheer for the Colts and their sainted ***hole coach!?:rolleyes:

When will people here finally learn -- his screen name is a dead giveaway. There is no such thing as a football fan in Newton.

I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you about negativity and then celebrating what you, for the most part, did not support.

Did you see Major League 2? Randy Quaid was awesome in it. He was the most negative jerky fan and then at the end when the Indians won it, he was a fan. All the guys around him smacked him. When they do win, consider yourself smacked.;)

In the running for post of the year!!!

Tom's a typical frontrunner. We've picked up a lot of them along the way. And in puritanical NE fashion, they are hyper critics of the team they began following just because a local entry was winning. Their easy to identify code word for most of the drivil they spew is "objective"... It's the price you pay for succeeding - everyone becomes a "fan", and in NE all fans believe they are more knowledgable than everyone else...

I find it amusing that IndyStar has over 200 comments regarding BB receiving the COY award and we have 68 as of this post. It's amazing how angry they are that Belichick took 49 out of 50 votes and Dungy received 1 lone vote.

Correction...29 out of 50 votes...:D

When will people here finally learn -- his screen name is a dead giveaway. There is no such thing as a football fan in Newton.

Good point...he's probably a member of the "Holier than Thou Society" and votes for Ralph Nader.

Well, in my opinion this award should go to the coach who's team exceeded expectations by the biggest margin. Everyone knew the Pats were going to be legitimate contenders this year, though nobody thought they'd go 16-0. Belichick did a fantastic job keeping his team focused all year and as usual he made tremendous adjustments in the face of adversity. Certainly anyone with an IQ in the double digits could make a case for him.

However, I think this award should've gone to MaCarthy in Green Bay. They weren't expected to do anything at all this year and look at the season they've had. Again, to me, it's all about exceeding expectations, and nobody did a better job of that this year than MaCarthy did.

Just my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth.

I always thought it should go to the best coach, which is clearly Bill Belichick. Foolish me. :)

BB received this reward because they believe that he will lead pats to 19-0.

16-0 is not the reason:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back