PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick will make the media look foolish as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we should have traded Cassel yet. We could have waited till right before the Draft. We are all going to see that the Pats won't get any big FA with the cap space we have.

Here's my problem with the situation.. its not a 7th round pick. They vested time and money into cassel. All we heard is they were asking for a boat load of picks.. And today they lost two starting players and walked around with a #2 pick in the 2nd round..

Schuab deal got atlanta more.. Culpepper and Feeley were traded for 2nd rounders.. Your telling me those 3 are as good or better than Cassel? NO freakin way..

Yes we have money and yes we have the draft pick.. But is there a player out there that excites you in the free market?

BB was fleeced and the defense is in serious trouble this year.. They lost their most versatile and team leader today.. never mind a damn good QB.

Not only that, but Schaub's body of work in the NFL -- 3 career starts -- was nothing compared to Cassel's full and fairly successful season. I think what they did was make the decision not to let this drag out and suddenly it's summer and you're still trying to work out something. Then you've got problems so at the very least, this eliminates that possibility.

Vrabel is old and over paid so I'm not that upset about that part of the deal, though if we lose some LBs to injuries next year (bank on it) we could find ourselves thin at that spot.

All things considered, it's a solid deal but it's nothing to speak in hushed tones about how brilliant it is.

Last edited:
I live outside of DC and come up once per year for an early season game with my friends.

Did you see how many tickets were on ticket exchange last year?
You probably did not notice, you only go to games in the warm weather.

I posted mine to 3 games, and I ended up going to all 8 home games.
I give away the preseason seats.

Do you want to buy them Shmessy...... they are played when the weather is warm.
I can understand why you only go when the weather is warm.
It must be cold sitting down while you pee in December.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey