Welcome to PatsFans.com

Belichick: We stand behind Brady 100 percent

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +201 / 3 / -0

2. Watson's IQ

Watson's IQ 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I'd like to think that ESPN has some egg on their face for this one, but the fact is most people will be inclined to read the Patriot's denials as just that. It appeals to the sensibilities of most NFL fans to believe there's discord in the organization. Those who aren't inclined to believe that (us) never gave any credence to the initial ESPN report.

Status quo.

• Like Like x 1
  3. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +182 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

its even worse than that.

Alot of people get their sports fix from ESPN and their local papers. Not everyone scours the internet for other national mediums like the Sporting News. You know the illiterate of America. Hey cool an offensive statement and I dont have to worry about any of those I offended reading it:D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,506 / 14 / -5

Adam Schefter said on NFL Access last night that was no truth to the ESPN report which he reitterated on WEEI this morning. I am sure Jay Glazer will say something on Fox Sunday morning since he is pissed off that ESPN has questioned his credibility. It is getting out there nationally.

5. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +201 / 3 / -0

ESPN is like Micro$oft. We need a linux in the sports entertainment business :)

6. patfanken

patfanken Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +698 / 17 / -8

#91 Jersey

Once again we have ESPN reporting SPECULATION and reporting it as FACT. Its about time that someone does an in depth report on the FACT that this is an increasingly common even from the small minds down in Bristol CT.

7. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

And yet they stayed far away from St. Favre and a story that paints him in a less than favorable light.

ESPN is the worst. Simply useless.

8. CheerforTom

CheerforTom Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It isn't that big of a deal anyway. Anybody who really wants to believe that the Pats would have a grudge against somebody like Brady and would think about acting on it isn't somebody who's opinion is important.

9. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Yeah. Isn't that slander.
    Couldn't the Pats sue these guys?
    I'm sure Kraft has a line drawn where ESPN had better not cross
    but where that line is...I don't know.

10. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,722 / 19 / -12

Disable Jersey

Sadly it's not just ESPN. Sports journalism is a microcosm of mainstream journalism today. Agenda rules and facts are peripheral. Sad when the Internet's "Army of Davids" offers more fact checking than editors of the major news and sports outlets.

11. SoCal Pmen

SoCal Pmen 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#54 Jersey

Hopefully the Ombudsman/woman will take it up on their next article. Anyone know their email address?

12. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,722 / 19 / -12

Disable Jersey

ESPN Search: le anne schreiber

Go there.

It's a FORM not an email

13. SoCal Pmen

SoCal Pmen 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#54 Jersey

Thanks. This is what I sent to her. Let's see if she responds.

Hi Lee Anne,

Wendy Nix recently reported complications to Tom Brady's knee surgery which would postpone his return. Further, she reported the Patriots organization were upset with Brady's decision to have the surgery in LA. All this was attributed to an unnamed source. The Patriots organization, Brady's doctors and Dr. Andrews have refuted this story. Why then is ESPN allowed to continuously report on factually incorrect and thoroughly researched stories but rather take the word of 'unnamed sources' for their sensationalist articles? Did they not learn their lesson from all the bogus Matt Walsh stories around Spygate? It seems as if this is once again a personal attack on an organization or an attempt of a journalist trying to make a name for herself. I believe it is worth addressing in your next article. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
  14. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I don't think the Pats are suing anyone...wouldn't they have already done that a few months ago?

15. Phlash

Phlash On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That story was actually real though. Favre admitted to telling Millen some things about the Packers, and said everyone does it.

lol...

16. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +165 / 3 / -1

Well, if this were Politics, the statement would be bad news, as saying you "stand behind someone 100%" usually means either that your really ripping mad at him or he's about to lose his job (the latter not applicable in this case, clearly). But BB is such a straight shooter that I'll assume he means it.

However, I do ascribe to the old adage that "where there's smoke, there's fire." Given how surprised a lot of "experts" were in the first place when TB went to the Clinic in LA for his surgery instead of a Boston Hospital or a more well known doctor like Andrews, and given the way it's turned out with the infection, etc., I wouldn't be surprised if there were some in the Pats organization who were a little peeved at Tom for not having the surgery done where they wanted it.

I'm neither a Doctor nor do I play one on TV or on this board, but it is my understanding that the procedure that Brady had will fail if an infection destroys or limits the effectiveness of the graft.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.