PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick vs. Parcells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphys95

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
On the latest podcast, we tackle the debate between Belichick and Parcells as objectively as possible - comparing their coaching styles and how they each approach the media. Parcells bashing? A little. Check it out by clicking the link below (then for streaming audio click “listen nowâ€)

http://www.murphysfans.com/audioblog.htm

You can also subscribe to our Pats fan podcast on iTunes.

I look forward to giving it a listen... my own feeling before listening is that BB is far and away a better coach overall. The only edge Parcells might have is in motivating a particular type of player.

BB is the better X's & O's guy - we recognize him as a Defensive genius, but being a great Defensive mind means that you understand the offense just as well.

BB is also a better evaluator of talent - and knows what guys fit best into his system. He appreciates smart players and seems to have more than a few guys on his team who would one day make great coaches themselves.

BB motivates guys in his own way - mainly by being frank and honest in his expecations.

I'd say that Parcells is probably better taking a "problem child" player and turning them into productive players. Even some guys who aren't in the "problem" area yet can benefit from Parcell's approach to them.

Parcells does recognize that some players need to be treated kinder and carefully and some need to be kicked in the ***** - the Terry Glenn "she" comment is a good example... but he does recognize the different psyches at play with other players

I have a tough time imaginging BB using a "she" type comment in public... though I don't expect that type of player to be on BB's squad in the first place either.

BB all the way!!!!

What has Parcells done without BB....
What has BB done without Parcells....

Thank you and have a good day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill