PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick still lives within Charlie Weis

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmcmgb

On the Roster
Reaction score
2 years removed from the Great One's staff and he still remember's his lessons learned well...

From the ESPN.com story on Notre Dame's victory over Penn State...

...Weis isn't getting too far ahead of himself.

"We're 2-0. That's what I think," Weis said. "We got Michigan next week. That's all that I know."

The title of this thread has a very high unintentional comedy factor.:D

Is that why Charlie looks so heavy these days?

usmcmgb said:
2 years removed from the Great One's staff and he still remember's his lessons learned well...

From the ESPN.com story on Notre Dame's victory over Penn State...

...Weis isn't getting too far ahead of himself.

"We're 2-0. That's what I think," Weis said. "We got Michigan next week. That's all that I know."

A local sportswriter here (in Penn State country) wrote that Paterno with his 355 wins was outcoached by a guy with 11 wins.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/256-09102006-710221.html

As if Charlie fell off a turnip truck, became HC, and won 11?

Charlie brought a lot of bling to South Bend. He seems to have made a very nice transition to a new game.

usmcmgb said:
The media in PA has been after Paterno to quit for a few years now. Maybe he should. He's about what...150, 160 years old now?
He should have quit after last year, that's as close to "going out on top" as he'll come.

BelichickFan said:
He should have quit after last year, that's as close to "going out on top" as he'll come.

Some guys know when to walk away on top like Elway, Bettis, Ted Williams and some hang on a little too long like Willie Mays and Brett Favre.( what's his over/under on Ints this yr...30???).......
I think it's an ego fight with Bowden that neither wants the other to pass him in wins.........
Just my $0.02,

Brady Quinn also sounded a lot like Tom Brady in his post game interview. I think this is one of the great things about BB and his coaching tree.....they are not afraid to admit when something works even though they may not have come up with the idea themselves. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of "I did it my way" with these guys. Charlie does not seem to want to distance himself from BB!

Or he really likes coaching. Can still coach at a high level and wants to do it while he can. I doubt Joe Pa is a guy that can quietly retire into the night.

BelichickFan said:

He has a lot of top recruits coming back next year. They'll make a run.

They're very young at the 2 positions you can't afford to be, OL and QB.

Patsfanin Philly said:
Some guys know when to walk away on top like Elway, Bettis, Ted Williams and some hang on a little too long like Willie Mays and Brett Favre.( what's his over/under on Ints this yr...30???).......
I think it's an ego fight with Bowden that neither wants the other to pass him in wins.........
Just my $0.02,

First off, Paterno has always had dips with his teams. Just look at his career record. You'll find losing seasons mixed in among undefeated seasons and national championships. As far as I can see, nothing has changed with the guy. Still the same PSU, except he's playing more freshman.

As for Bowden, look at the record there too. Bowden does not have anywhere near as many div. 1 wins, and I'm sure after he's passed away someone will finally point this out. The fact that Bowden is even talked about in terms of all time wins is a bad joke, because the numbers are phony.

I glanced at this thread title and thought it said "Belichick still lives with Charlie Weis."

A very confusing couple of moments for me.

upstater1 said:
First off, Paterno has always had dips with his teams. Just look at his career record. You'll find losing seasons mixed in among undefeated seasons and national championships. As far as I can see, nothing has changed with the guy. Still the same PSU, except he's playing more freshman.

As for Bowden, look at the record there too. Bowden does not have anywhere near as many div. 1 wins, and I'm sure after he's passed away someone will finally point this out. The fact that Bowden is even talked about in terms of all time wins is a bad joke, because the numbers are phony.

Got to respectfully disagree. Pre-2000, Paterno had had ONE lsing season 5-6 in 1988. (If I cna find th elink, I'll edit and post) Since then, he's had 4/6 with a losing record. As for Bowden, O'm not saying that I disagree that his 31 wins at Samford should or shouldn't count, I'll just putting it out there as one theory as to why he may want to continue coaching......

PonyExpress said:
The title of this thread has a very high unintentional comedy factor.:D

Thank you. I resisted the urge.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes