PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick still in Manning's head

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP2

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Peyton Manning of Denver Broncos - Recovery remains an ongoing fight - ESPN

• The fact on-field microphones pick up the cadence during games, including Manning's oft-used "Omaha.''

"I don't like it, I'm not a fan of it ... because it reveals terminology an opponent next week can use,'' Manning said. "I don't like Bill Belichick hearing our plays that we're using ...

Ignoring the rest of the commentary, and Letterman's idiotic retort (what else do we expect from a New Yorker?) I find it interesting that when thinking of an opponent, the first person Manning thinks of is Belichick.

Not a DB, not a safety or a corner, or a lineman... a coach.

I'm sure since he was on a New York based talk show, he was doing it to play to the audience a bit.

Well, it seems predictable at this point we'll be looking at NE vs DEN in January for a trip to the SB. Not surprising he'd be thinking of BB.

And Letterman is from Indiana. I believe he's a Colts fan.

I'm really surprised that I'm not sensitive to idiotic comments anymore ! Interesting to see Peyton thinking about BB when it comes to football. They both seem to have mad respect for each other. One has to wonder what if they were on the same side :eek:

Lol did anyone notice how uncomfortable Peyton looked when Letterman made his Belichick comment?

Well, it seems predictable at this point we'll be looking at NE vs DEN in January for a trip to the SB. Not surprising he'd be thinking of BB.

And Letterman is from Indiana. I believe he's a Colts fan.

Exactly! This has nothin to do with NY, Letterman is a BIG Colts/P.Manning Fan. Look at his show on YouTube below when Chris Maddog Russo Was On right after Pats came back VS Broncos Russo was stickin up for Brady. Letterman ribbin Brady/BB its all for ratings.

Exactly! This has nothin to do with NY, Letterman is a BIG Colts/P.Manning Fan. Look at his show on YouTube below when Chris Maddog Russo Was On right after Pats came back VS Broncos Russo was stickin up for Brady. Letterman ribbin Brady/BB its all for ratings.
If you want to get noticed in the media, just talk about NE/BB/Brady/Spygate. It's guaranteed to be written and talked about nowadays.

If you want to get noticed in the media, just talk about NE/BB/Brady/Spygate. It's guaranteed to be written and talked about nowadays.

Yup, because haters are gonna hate. That's what they do instead of givin credit where it's do.

Manning looked really out of rhythm when he beat the Patriots within an inch of their life in the AFC Championship game. BB really got to him...

The way the Patriots will beat the Broncos is if they get better players, it doesn't matter how many pins BB sticks in his Manning doll.

If you want to get noticed in the media, just talk about NE/BB/Brady/Spygate. It's guaranteed to be written and talked about on Patsfans.com.

Fixed your post

ComputerCoffee.gif

Fixed your post

ComputerCoffee.gif
True. But it makes it's way here because it's usually published elsewhere (NESN, WEEI, Boston.com, cbssports.com, etc.).

But that thread ignore feature is a terrific thing.

Lol did anyone notice how uncomfortable Peyton looked when Letterman made his Belichick comment?

I'm glad someone else noticed this. It was pretty clear Peyton's comment was totally innocuous; he just happened to pick his biggest rival and best coach in the business. Then Letterman had to go and pile on. This is nothing to get worked up over.

That was a pretty funny clip. Manning was self-deprecating as usual (I can hear the fans saying just snap the ball) and even Letterman's comments came off better in person than in the transcript. No harm, no foul. One thing's for sure Peyton Manning is in the head of a lot of posters to this forum.

That was a pretty funny clip. Manning was self-deprecating as usual (I can hear the fans saying just snap the ball) and even Letterman's comments came off better in person than in the transcript. No harm, no foul. One thing's for sure Peyton Manning is in the head of a lot of posters to this forum.

I think most of us will be truly sad when HOF Peyton retires. What a great rivalry it has been.
Peyton is great in his ads and he's SO much fun to make fun of.

If I were David Letterman, I'd be really careful about alluding to anyone else cheating...

Of course BB's in his head, whats his all time record against him? You think Bill giving him the ball first in OT doesn't still doesn't resonate? His legacy will forever be intertwined with the Patriot factor.

This seasons chapter has the potential to cement public opinion forever. Its almost a foregone conclusion we play him twice. Its what everyone who loves football wants. Its the greatest theater in all of sports right now.

I'm really surprised that I'm not sensitive to idiotic comments anymore ! Interesting to see Peyton thinking about BB when it comes to football. They both seem to have mad respect for each other. One has to wonder what if they were on the same side :eek:
Well, you still have Brady.

so this is the way I see it going down.
Peyton plays the role of VK
Brady plays the role of TC

Yeah, he really looked like Belichick was in his head when he shredded them for 400 yards. Belichick and Brady have lost four playoff games in a row to the putz Manning brothers. Who is in whose head now?

Next time the Patriots play the Broncos, I'd like to see them touch Manning once. That would be an improvement over the last game.

Im guessing that us not having our #1 CB for 9/10ths of the AFCCG had something to do with Mannings success.

And while the Patriots love our pick plays and Welker ran countless number of them for us, Ive never seen him or any of our receivers turn and body-check an opposing CB like they were playing a game of hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back