PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick statement on McDaniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. What a jerk. Belichick is such a cold hearted jerk...no class at all...just like LT said...

Last edited:
WOW...that statement says it all. He sent Josh off with not only his approval but he probably got a big HUG and a KISS. :p

Anybody remember the statement from BB after the RAT left?

It's now time for another installment of Good Idea Bad Idea.
(You know, from Animaniacs)

Good Idea: Letting everyone know you are interviewing for a positive career move, and not burning any bridges.

Bad Idea: Interviewing with a division rival under the cover of darkness, then attempting to steal employees, players, and data after getting the job.

Last edited:
Yeah, just a bit of a difference in how those two were treated.....

But I wonder how Belichick feels now that two out of his three former proteges have been fired and the third might have been....

WOW...that statement says it all. He sent Josh off with not only his approval but he probably got a big HUG and a KISS. :p

Fantasizing any? :)

Actually, after the Super Bowl hug with RAC and Weis, that's hardly a stretch. ;)

McDaniels is actually the Manchurian Candidate. In light of the Pats' historic issues with Denver, McDaniels has been programmed and planted as head coach to insure the Pats never again have issues with the Donkeys. One phone call from Belichick to McDaniels involving the spoken code word "Mangini" and McDaniels snaps to self-destruct mode.:)

In all seriousness, Mangini's departure was ugly for a number of reasons. Belichick wished his prior coordinators well. There was no reason he would not do so for McDaniels, a coach I am sure Belichick wants to succeed (but not too much as he is still a head coach who may run into McDaniels on occasion in conference games). And McDaniels, with that schitzo defense in Denver, has his work cut out for him. He'll need all the luck and well wishes he can get.

I am also hoping the Broncos did not select him as an inexpensive bridge between Shanahan and some of the other big names off the market this year. Denver would climb my list of hated teams if that "inexpensive" rumor (due to Shanahan's outstanding contract payments) turned out to have a significant bearing on this hiring.

Last edited:
Yup,that BB is one cold fish.....despicable...

Anybody remember the statement from BB after the RAT left?

actually i am trying to look it up because it was very +ve then too. People have this misconception which he doesnt care to clear that he disapproved mangini going to the jets.
the whole thing started with the branch tampering and then spygate.

The media left out this bit at the very end:

P.S. Mangini sucks.

I am also hoping the Broncos did not select him as an inexpensive bridge between Shanahan and some of the other big names off the market this year. Denver would climb my list of hated teams if that "inexpensive" rumor (due to Shanahan's outstanding contract payments) turned out to have a significant bearing on this hiring.

:agree: Not easy to be the guy following the guy who brought a much-maligned team to greatness. Remember how Elway couldn't win the big one?

iam unable to find the statement from BB when mangini left but it was +ve , here is a herald :)eek:) report on it
Patriots.com News Blitz - 01/18/06

John Tomase of the Boston Herald writes that Eric Mangini dispelled rumors of a rift yesterday saying that head coach Bill Belichick encouraged him to become head coach of the New York Jets. Mangini accepted the job Monday and held his introductory press conference yesterday at the Jets’ training facility in Hempstead, N.Y. He said that Belichick never tried to talk him out of accepting. “It never got to that point,” Mangini said. “Bill and I are the best of friends. We had a late conversation last night. He really wants what’s best for me and my family. Bill always encourages me to take advantage of good situations.”
of course the media chooses to ignore all this like florio did today when talking about the mcdaniels statement.

EDIT:this was his mangini statement

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=15159&pcid=47

"For over a decade, I had the pleasure of working with Eric Mangini, who is an outstanding coach and an even finer individual. I will always appreciate Eric's contributions. I value our friendship and look forward to supporting Eric's commitment to youth football in the future. Eric worked his way from the most entry-level position to a position of great responsibility during several successful seasons. The opportunity Eric has now earned is truly an example of good things happening to a good, hard-working person and I wish him well."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye